List of 8" woofers that fit the door panels

TomsGT4

I have the Kewood KFC-W208 in the front doors of my '90, with no cutting required. Bought them a long time ago (1996), so not sure if you can still get them. Continuous 100RMS watts power handling.

http://www.kenwoodusa.com/support/manua ... uctId=2186

Also have a pair of Kenwood KFC-W108. I am planning on seeing if these will fit in the doors. They have a better frequency response (more of a free-air speaker). I'll give the heads up if it fits. May have to cut due to larger magnet.
Continuous 150RMS watts power handling.

http://www.kenwoodusa.com/support/manua ... uctId=2178

A

Anonymous

I have directed 8" midbasses in my car i had to sand a tad of the plastic but they fit well after that and sound great!

Traks

I have JL8W0's In my doors. I had to cut the Plastic housing and grind thmetal crossmember a bit. But they work great and I lvoe em :)
-Chris

sardgt4

I have Lanzar vx830s in mine. Since I have a 12" sub I didnt need the 8" for bass so I got these triaxials. Not very expensie either. I think I paid around $50 or so shipped for the pair a few years back.

John 92 st185

2of81

I have a 8" MB quart mid woofer that fit perfectly. About 2 years ago on ebay they had 8's 4's tweets and crossovers for $300.

A

Anonymous

anyone know what the max mounting depth they got out of the door 8 inch woofers would be i want to mount 4and 3/8 depth sub

thkohlb

i just switched to the Kicker RMB8's and they do sound great and fit very easily, especially when they are on ebay for $89 with $24 shiping and there is a new model of them out, but i don't remember what its called. i just wish they came with a crossover network.

MARLON1211

tweekgt4":504yblpw said:
let's start a list of 8" woofers that fit the door panels...

Legacy Audio LWF8X Car Subwoofer

http://www.epinions.com/Legacy_Audio_8_ ... full_specs

I know these Legacy ones fit. I just installed these on a friend's GTS. You'll need to cut a bigger hole in the black plastic woofer mounting bracket but it's easy to do. You need to cut because the woofer has a bigger magnet.

Hey i dind know that the NA models has a side door woofers.

tweekgt4

The GTSs came pretty loaded. They pretty much have all the options a standard ST185 would have except of course the awd 3sgte.

Leather, sunroof, system 10, widebody, climate control, fogs, power driver seat, power mirrors/windows, power antenna, 3 piece spoiler, cruise...

Did I leave anything else out?

oh wait.. the GTS does not have the steering column pop up.

MARLON1211

Cool, thanks.
I hope the woofer fits w/ no problem, now i have to find out if the head unit will work on the subs. I heard that it might nott work and needed to have anither wire harness to make it work.

tweekgt4

you will need to cut/enlarge the hole of the plastic trim that the stock woofer mounts to.

if you are running an aftermarket headunit, the woofers will not work anymore. you can run a cheapy 2 way amp with crossover and run new wires to the subs or connect the wires from amp into the subwiring in the passenger side kickpanel... i forget the colors exactly but they were either blue or purple wiring...

tweekgt4

kinda late reply but why doesn't your subs work? did you change the head unit?

MARLON1211":chhdnx68 said:
do you have a step you can give me to make my Subs work.
Any info will help. Thanks