Deleted.

turbo4wd

I'm not sure whats available in Chicago, but more than likely there is a shop that manufactures and sells generators, and alternators. I found one here in Los Angeles thats been around for years and years.. and they made me a high output alternator that put out 170amps for a very good price.. I believe they're rated for at least 150, but mine hit 170 :D

I believe they had a website.. If I can find their info, I'll post it up..

moee24

i might be able to find somthing on the net but i always ask here before i start my research. but thanks for looking

A

Anonymous

Just find an automotive armature place that rebuilds alternators and starters and tell them you want your alternator uprated ..... I had mine uprated to about 120A for my rally lights.
It should cost about $50 if that and take about a day.

Toxygene

Anyone know the name of a shop here in Los Angeles where they will rebuild and upgrade my alternator. Turbo4wd? Did you ever find their website or can you provide at least their name?

EVcelica

I have a pretty draining sound system, with a 5 farad cap and i just have the stock alternator. I've never had any problems yet and my stereo is almost always all the way up. I'm using one of those optima red top batteries though. I don't know if that makes any difference. I think my stereo draws about 130 amps at full power, which means at a musical peak, so I'm betting it doesn't draw anywhere near that much power most of the time, even when all the way up. If anyone has noticed a difference in the sound of their stereo since adding a high output alternator please let me know.

jprine01

(I live in chicago)
When my timing belt broke on 294, the tow truck driver was checking out my car. He's like you blow the alternator? I know a place that rebuilds em for audio systems.. I asked him where it was just for the hell of it, but i since totally forgot. I'm sure there are a bunch of them around the city? I'd just start calling everyone in the phone book and asking.

But he was saying like they rebiuld them for big amps, he had one on his car for his crazy system.

AWD4LIFE

i have always tried using a rebulid and high output alternators for my st165 and st185 and they dont last or dont work (within a month). i always have ended up buying one from the Toyota dealer. how is this that most of you are using these?

muneo

I've been driving on a rebuilt alternator for about a year and a half now. Got it rebuilt by Rotex and they were even able to rebuild it to squeeze out 90 amps. The greatest part about it is that it has a lifetime warranty. It crapped out on me when my oil filter got punctured (yup , my fault of course) and soaked it with oil. I took it back and they fixed it without any question.