Why doesn't anyone use 6.5" components?

Kappa

Do they not fit anywhere? I mean, an adapter plate for the 8" hole in the doors can't be that hard to make? and the rear speakers? 5.25 is just such a bad speaker size to try and find something good in. I'm planning on fitting a set of 6 1/2s front and rear. If I can't fit them in, in the rear, i might be able to use a spacer or something. We'll see what happens, I was jus twondering if anyone els ehad done6.5s all around before??

Thanks,
Dennis

1990alltrac

I did 6 1/2 front and rear. Fit fine, made my own adapter plates in the front and the rear fit perfect. Nedd more bass though, Thinking about a making a fiberglass box for the rear...

RIalltrac

our car sucks for using convention shaped boxes for the hatch area, the hump from the spare tires screws everything up

thkohlb

i just did a gts with a set of the polk db components, but i would recommend a set of the alpine type x's. They have adjustments to allow you to place the tweeter in the stock location and have it be in phase unlike most other components...

Kappa

I got Kappa Perfects for all around. I ordered 4 sets cause I got a massive discount from working at circuit city. I'll let you know what I think when I get them hooked up. the 1990 versions of the car can use the standard toyota harness I've read? That's cool!

Mad1

I got sick of trying to hunt down a set of 8" woofer after my Infinity's stopped working so i went for a set of DLS UR6 - 2-way system 16,5 cm / 6,5" http://www.dls.se/english/index.htm they are wonderful speakers I made my own reducer from mdf. Job done sweet sound, just got to get rid of the whissel now