Broken Gauge Cluster

BanhBaoBao

I was wondering if i could replace my US 90' Alltrac gauge cluster with a non-alltrac model? In other words are they compatible?

A

Anonymous

haha well i dont care about the boost gauge. Its useless anyways, but say I would to get a GT-S cluster, would the voltmeter just bolt up?

Also, If i get a JDM cluster, would the speedometer be calibrated to KPH or MPH? In other words, the gauge would show KPH but will the actual speed be where the MPH should be? Hah sorry for the crappy question but i'm not sure how to phrase it.

BanhBaoBao

Anonymous":2jfqvyif said:
haha well i dont care about the boost gauge. Its useless anyways, but say I would to get a GT-S cluster, would the voltmeter just bolt up?

Also, If i get a JDM cluster, would the speedometer be calibrated to KPH or MPH? In other words, the gauge would show KPH but will the actual speed be where the MPH should be? Hah sorry for the crappy question but i'm not sure how to phrase it.

alltracman78

A GTS speedo would be off. It only reads to 150mph. I believe tach is a bit different too. Gas gauge would be off, ect, ect. Not a good idea.

903SGTE

would the jdm cluster just bolt right in and work in the us st185.i thought the speedo in the jdm was electric and the us was cable driven??also the gauges themselves are on diffrent sides of the cluster housing,wouldnt you then have to rewire the back of the cluster?

toayoztan

I thought i was told that if we put in a GTS gauge cluster, everything would calibrate itself, like the tach and speedometer.

I guess aside from what's already been said that it won't, can anyone maybe clarify this for sure that they've tried it themselves or anything?

Bryan

alltracman78

Well, speedo and tach would be on/off depending on signal. If they are the same, they will work. But redline on the gts is lower.
All the other gauges will be off. Not really worth it in my opinion.