165 speaker sizes

MrWOT

I looked through the forum and can't find anything about the speaker sizes in the 165 except that the front is a 3.5"? though some say 4". If I was near my car I'd just go pull some covers and measure, but since I'm not near it, and also because this would be a useful for future reference, I'm hoping some nice folks might be so kind as to tell me the sizes of the rears as well :) My car came with no speakers/head/amp so I'm starting from scratch here, so any help is appreciated. Oh, and I'm asuming the tweeters are 1" as well? Tnx.

Rider

the front speakers are most certinaly not 4" in my 165. It was a real pain to modify the box to fit 4" speakers in but I couldn't even find the smaller size to fit so it had to be done. They are still small so dont have super sound, but they are ok - I havent figured out how to discretely mount 6" speakers just yet...

I think the rears are 4" also.

MrWOT

Yeah, I got home today and measured. Fronts are 3 1/2" Rears are 4". Of course, the previous owner of my car also put in 1" tweeters and cut the doors for what appear to be 6" woofers, so I guess I'll just use those spots and build a component system. I was surprised, I thought the tweeters were stock before I looked up a 165 interior pic a day ago, the installation he did looks completely OEM.