Double DIN Blanking panel for 165 stereo

Kyoto

Does anyone know of anywhere online you can get blanking panels for the 165 stereo? I would like to eventually put a Profec E01 and maybe a guage or two there...

RIalltrac

When I installed an aftermarket deck into my AT I needed to put a pocket or something under the new deck, bought one of the universal kits that best buy has, works fine. I would imagine anything like that would work for you as well.

Gary

Best Buy is an electronics/appliance chain here in the US.
I've seen those pockets also at www.crutchfield.com

h081TOYPOC-f-1.jpeg

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-5TKf9AH0Ei ... =081TOYPOC
I think it's a little bit overprice there.

Kyoto

yer ill grab one of them if i end up putting in a styereo but atm i would rather have a blank plate i can mount electronic stuff on.

RIalltrac

yer ill grab one of them if i end up putting in a styereo but atm i would rather have a blank plate i can mount electronic stuff on.

I'm pretty sure there were blank panels in the kit as well. the kits are only designed to occupy one din, so you'd probably need two. I'd say hit any audio store you can find, they'll have what your looking for.

Last time I was at BB, they were over 20 bucks for the universal pockets. What a ripoff.

very much so, but at least you know its there in a pinch

jprine01

I had a very hard time finding the same thing. I bought one from circuit city ages ago, and it was a one peice pocket, that screwed in from the sides. Then when i got my alltrac i went looking for the same thing, and they have a new model. Its like a bag full of parts that snap together, even the little bolt holes on the sides snap on. Bah! decided to find something better.
Went looking all over, audio stores and internet only thing i could find is the same one that is a bag full of pieces, ended up just getting that.

I too, just want one that is a blank plate, with no pocket. No luck finding one on the internet even.

RIalltrac

this is just a suggestion, but if you guys are sold on removing your deck and putting in a flat panel there why not just cut one out of sheet metal? its only a square, then just bend the edges with extra material to bolt onto the stock din brackets, spray paint it black and call it a day? maybe I'm too much of a go getter sometimes :p

I would say just go to a junkyard and pick one up there. They are usually already removed and laying in the car because the yard will pull the stereo out, but don't care about the pocket. I got a very nice one for my old legacy (1.5 DIN and a flip down cover) for $5. I would suggest staying with Toyota for ease of screwing it into position, but i'm sure others would work with a little modification.

RIalltrac

I doubt those would even install all that easily, they appear to be based on a euro din which is setup differently than the japanese din that we have. I have a euro din based deck in my car and its a serious pita to get in and out. I think the big difference is that theres a lip that sits on the outside of the facia where the din is. unlike the jap stuff that sits inside the din.