Apexi auto timer

creech_r

I've done some sleuthing on google and the like trying to locate a decent diagram for the install on this but for some reason I can't. I know where the wires need to go thanks to a pretty decent writeup for a 240sx. I have a few questions:

Is there a wire going to the ecu for the 'on' 'accessory' and 'off' positions of the ignition switch? I don't see anything leading me to believe this on the ecu pinout diagram in the reference section.

photo.jpg

Once I get it hooked up, what is a safe a/f ratio to tune to (I know it won't give me exact...but I'm running pretty rich currently and I've got a blitz fuel management computer hooked up)?

What the hell is this thing? it's hooked up to the red wire (the constant 12v even when car is off) of the turbo timer but I couldn't find it in any of the picture, none of the wires are referenced, etc... The turbo timer came with the car (not hooked up) when I bought it this summer. Supposedly it was previously in the car but the guy said it wasn't hooked up properly, so he yanked it. Judging from the 'quality' of the rest of the install jobs in the car, I could see this being very likely.

photo1.jpg

photo2.jpg

photo3.jpg

creech_r

so I got the timer working. There's two wires that go 'hot' when they car is turned to the 'on' position. Pick the one with orange in it (i think it's black and orange). The three wires that don't go to the ebrake or the ecu all get spliced right into the wires that go to the ignition.

Now to get it all buttoned up tomorrow. I would still like to know what that other black box is.