DIN Block off plate

deecee

piece of abs plastic or aluminium and some screws or hot glue.. nothing hard there. Could go for a piece of carbon fibre if you wanted something a little flash.

CMS-GT4

I am wanting to fill a hole, but I am also wanting to modify them. I am thinking about taking one and cutting it so that my radio is futher recessed instead of sticking out of the dash. I was thinking with the second one I could cut a hole for a gauge then modify the other part for my boost controller.

Rick89GTS

^Nice find Scott. Those are all from the same seller in the UK. I'm wondering if those are available locally anywhere, or they must be interchangeable from Camrys or some other Toyotas, no?

___Scott___

Mine seemed to be designed to be pretty universal, with lots of mounting holes in each side. However I suspect that anything you found in a Toyota in a junk yard of similar vintage would probably fit... and be better quality.

The one I have is hard brittle plastic and I actually broke one of the mounting hole protrusions by tightening a screw just a little too much, and nowhere near tight. Fortunately super glue fixed it.

CMS-GT4

That's not a bad solution. That is sort of what I was considering. I was thinking of getting a second one to cut a square shape from so that I could have my radio face go inside it. I have an older alpine head unit and the way its meant to be mounted is hideous. I am thinking about mounting the frame behind the DIN plate instead of outside the dine area.

CMS-GT4

So here is a pic of what I plan to resolve.

Here is my head unit. As you can see the radio base goes out and around the bezel.
getattachment1ih.jpg

Here you can see how I would prefer to mount it behind the bezel. If I cut out the shape of the face plate I think I can make this work with some minor modifications to the head units base.
getattachmenthbi.jpg

Instead of a pocket I am planning gauges. With the radio trim being as big as it is, it would be hard to fit my gauges.

And before you ask. Yes, it is a tape deck. I never like having anything that draws too much attention in the car, and in most cases I assume that a person will not waste their time to steal a tape deck. It controls a CD changer I have hidden in the car.

I am looking at these ABS sheets as much solution. I think I can glue some brackets, and paint them to match the OEM color, then cut them out exactly how I need.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ABS-Plastic-Sheet-B ... 2c525c4f33
I might see if home depot has something like this that way I can have my external dimensions cut there then I can drill out the other bits I need.

I also have a brand new radio bezel on the way.