new system setup

MacGyver

Hey everyone. I have been workin on my friends cars and what not for years now and have aquired a lot of audio stuff in trade. This is not my strong point so I figure I would post my setup here and see what you guys have to say. Ok for starters I have a tview dvd650fmtv head unit that has a bad volume up button. I have a 12" punch dual voice coil sub and two amps. One is a 2 channel 200w amp for the sub and the other is a 200w 2 channel with 8 inputs and 8 outputs for the stock (I replaced with new) speakers. I wired the radio in to the stock harness and ran the 4 sets of speaker wires back to the amp and then back for the stock speakers. I don't see wires for the tweeters so I just left those alone. Next using rca wires I ran out of the preouts to the sub amp and have that all hooked up. I have it all powered with a gel cell batt in the trunk with a wire and fuse from my batt. Does this all sound right to everyone? I'm putting the last power wire in today after work and see how it sounds.

db

I believe the wires for the tweeters come off the stock harness. So if you have everything plugged into that, you should be ok. I think. Haven't used the stock harness in ages. You have two batteries? Hmm. Interesting, but not sure if that's a good idea or not, since the second battery is attached to the first battery and not the alternator itself. Do you have a remote control for the head unit then, so you can raise the volume?

MacGyver

The second batt. Is just a booster batt. Not a regular car batt. Its a gel cell so my batt charges it and then it runs everything for the radio without drawing on my regular batt. Ya it has a remote so I don't mind. But I haven't gotten it to work. I had to use a diff radio harness because I didn't get the stock one. I checked under the cover and got a diagram of the pinouts but I must have messed it up. Still workin on it so ill update when I get it working.