Door Sensor

Landon

hey guys, do you know if anyone has a door sensor laying around they wanna get rid of? i guess this should be in a WTB section, but mostly i wanna know if there is a way to fix one. i now have two failing ones. the old one and one from the junk yard. : ( looking in the sensor it has a post that pushes in and out, opening and closing the circuit. there are two tabs on either side and one of these is broken off. so i think there might be a way to solder something new on maybe. anyways, ideas are cool. thanks!

deecee

they are a generic item and commonly are used as switches for alarms. You should be able to find one easily and locally to you.
They are also cheap and its not really worth fixing one IMO

Landon

yeah i got it fixed. found a 8$ one that just needed tweaking. imo they are important- sets off alrarm when the doors open, turns on "watch out my doors open" light. but anyways, thanks. lol

deecee

I never said they weren't important :lol: It's more about buying a second hand one where you don't know the wear and tear on the item due to its function..

Landon

oh i hear ya! lol. sorry, i thought you meant fixing as in replacing one. lol. but i see what you mean, i just like fixing things if i can. :p