custom HID projectors.

Landon

hey guys, so looking around i've seent the custom built (assuming its custom) dual projector headlights. it seems like it could be fairly easy to do this and i am interested. any thought on hi/low beams, what to use, and problems involved?
this is what i'm talking about
lipideaek6.jpg

thinking use something like these...?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/PROJECTO ... ccessories

YerRandO

Search Neeltec they made that kit, which was fairly expencive. Can't seem to find their site, I think they listed part numbers for the hella lenss they used. Also I think there was a good thread on GT4OC regarding these, it's been awhile.

Landon

alright cool. it seems it would faily simple to make something that either fits in as a replacement for the normal square housing so you could use the normal adjusting tools... but i will look into those things you said. thanks man.

Simba

The correct projector housings are made by hella, which have proper mounting plates and adjustment screws-- I wouldn't put that ebay junk on my car.

The kit pictured was fairly pricey as it includes the molded trim panels and shorter pod struds as I recall, as well as the aforementioned hella housings.

aus jd 2703

I personally wanna try to make my own kit down the track. It looks awsome and IMO u could modify the existing housings with bondo and fibreglass. A little heavier but hey I could be proud I did it. Can some one show me a link to these hella projectors? Also how
much are just the projector bulbs? Awsome idea/project imo

Landon

oh yeah simba, i hear you on that. i was just looking on ebay for an idea of what there was out there. the thing that seems hard to find is a non projector lens small enough. cause wouldn't you have low beam on the projectors and then high beam on the lens? and aus jd- my thoughts exactly. seems like a fun project and you could prolly try carbon fiber for it to be lighter. hell, a bulb is pretty heavy as is anyways. let do this. lol. i'm definitely going to look into it more.

Simba

These are the Hella modules:

2396600160_large.jpg

They're available from pretty well anyone that is a hella distributor.

Landon

okay sweet. another idea i had, simply for funds sake, is to get something like an r32 headlight housing or bmw-whatever works, and pull the components of them to get your lens. the hella projectors alone go for about $450. you can other model housings for under $200.
such as:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1999-200 ... 809wt_1167
i realize they might not be the highest quality ever, but would seem to work.

CMS-GT4

The lip is a photoshop of something I am making. He has some side splitters, which is missing the middle section. I am planning on making the middle section to make it look like the lip in that pic. I think there is more details in the bodykit thread.

cmonteiro1

That is a really good photo shop.. it even has shadows incorporated. How long have you been making yours and how's your progress.

CMS-GT4

The person who was painting my car was making it for me, but currently he is ripping me off so I am in the process of getting my car and parts back. I will likely start making it late summer.