88 ALL TRAC SPEAKERS

timco

My 88 all trac has all blown speakers so I saved the boston acoustics from my 91 celica gt in hopes of using them but I hear they wont fit(my all trac is in the shop atm getting all new rotors/suspension/brakes). Was wondering if the speakers from my 91 may fit if i drill new holes to mount or if im SOL. Im just looking for areplacement speaker that fits(even if i have to drill some holes) and is clean/loud. The all trac(if im not mistaken) only has spots for 2 3.5" speakers in the front and 2 4" speakers in the back and that just seems to small.
Thanks in advance
Kris

___Scott___

It is possible to get 5 1/4" in the back and 4" in the front with considerable modification of the speaker enclosures.

However, if you are paying somebody else to replace brakes :roll: , maybe you are not up to that much modification.

timco

___Scott___":23947lds said:
It is possible to get 5 1/4" in the back and 4" in the front with considerable modification of the speaker enclosures.

However, if you are paying somebody else to replace brakes :roll: , maybe you are not up to that much modification.

Considering I have no garage, its freezing and I have about 5 inches of snow in my driveway...why not pay to have someone make it be able to pass inspection. I'll replace with stock speakers. Ill post the pics if my soldering on the ecu, and the exhaust I put on myself prior to our snow accumulation. My know how isn't a problem, thanks though. Perhaps you should leave the responding to civil individuals.
Cheers,
Kris

klue

I put a set of 6.5 inch woofers in the factory boxes. IF you take off the top cover you can use a piece of wood to fit any speaker you want.