System 10 bits and pieces.. and a couple of questions!

turbo4wd

Got 2 questions for those of you who are very familiar with the system 10 setup..

Question #1
The black plug on the bottom was the one originally plugged into the aftermarket head unit that was in the car. It comes from the drivers side. The silver plug on top wasn't plugged into anything seemed to come from the passenger side. Any idea what the silver plug is for?

plugs.jpg

Question #2
The speaker bracket on the left was what I pulled off the back of the glove compartment. The speaker enclosure on the right was one I pulled from a junkyard years ago thinking I might need it some day.. and yes I have the driver's side enclosure as well.. Which belongs to the actual system 10 setup?

front1.jpg

front2.jpg

Appreciate the help. I'm replacing pretty much every piece of the system since everything (cept the tweeters) have blown out and the previous harness was butchered to crap.. not to mention the amp and both 4" speakers were non-existent..

deecee

silver plug is japanese plug. black plug is more standardised euro plug which you will use in the back of your headunit.
system10 did use enclosures in the dash and in the rear side panels.

turbo4wd

Perfect, that's exactly what I wanted to know.

Yeah I was surprised to find the brackets because like you mentioned the other ones (door & rear) have their own enclosures, and not just simple brackets. Makes me glad I picked those enclosures up from the junkyard way back when..

On another note - How are things for you guys over there with the earthquake? Were you affected by it at all?

You use both of the antenna wires on the sytem 10 unit. One lead is for the power antenna in the rear and the other is for an antenna buiilt into the windshield (it was labeled as a diversity antenna). It looks like someone cutout your enclosures on your original speakers. They should be enclosed like the one you got from the junkyard

deecee

i was unaffected by the quake (though I live on a bunch of faultlines in Wellington). I'll be heading down to christchurch to support work colleagues soon though.

turbo4wd

DeeCee":wob7bg6c said:
i was unaffected by the quake (though I live on a bunch of faultlines in Wellington). I'll be heading down to christchurch to support work colleagues soon though.
Glad to hear it.

BoostedBlueToyotas":wob7bg6c said:
You use both of the antenna wires on the sytem 10 unit. One lead is for the power antenna in the rear and the other is for an antenna buiilt into the windshield (it was labeled as a diversity antenna).
Hmm... always wondered how to hook up the diversity antenna.. I seem to recall there being an adapter plug at radio shack or something that lets us plug up the diversity antenna to aftermarket head units..