battery relocation?

For everything related to the inside of the car!!

Re: battery relocation?

Postby WarTowels » Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:30 am

jonnyboygt4 wrote:
I see what your saying...but Ive read elsewhere that people had been running 4 gauge wire without problem....wouldn't the fuse or breaker take care of any issues that would occur preventing your vehicle from actually catching fire? the 4 gauge insulated cable I have seems at least double the size of the factory cable....?

No, not necessarily. I've seen fuses melt themselves and their holders.

jonnyboygt4 wrote:
this question is strictly out of curiosity....I have since ordered a 0 gauge wiring kit and will be installing that...but i dont think im gonna go the replace all the grounds route tho....unless of course its easier than I think?

It's very easy to replace the negative grounds. You can use your left over 0 gauge wire, or the 4 gauge wire should be okay if it's short runs.

jonnyboygt4 wrote:but just to clear things up from that tutorial ...? to replace the starter wire and engine ground what all needs to come off....i would imagine, the air box, and all that stuff in that area?

Just take it as you go, the more you remove the easier it is to work.

Follow DeeCee's tutorial, it's very good.

But really think about what your doing. Do you have a battery box? New terminals? What and how are you going to mount everything? Do you have a sealed battery, and if not- do you have a ventilation system in mind?

I relocated my battery to my trunk sparing no expenses. I hate it. I'm going to be undoing it. It's not worth the time and effort involved in my opinion. I'm going to go with a small racing battery and a custom relocation in the front engine bay.

-Towels
Members don't see the above ad. Register now - it's free!
2003 S2000
1985 300TD
WarTowels
Gold GTfour God

Postby jonnyboygt4 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:36 am

But really think about what your doing. Do you have a battery box? New terminals? What and how are you going to mount everything? Do you have a sealed battery, and if not- do you have a ventilation system in mind?

I relocated my battery to my trunk sparing no expenses. I hate it. I'm going to be undoing it. It's not worth the time and effort involved in my opinion. I'm going to go with a small racing battery and a custom relocation in the front engine bay.

-Towels[/quote]

Yup i got a battery box, the battery is a sealed unit and I replaced everything except the grounds...its all working fine...the only thing ive noticed is once in a while the car cranks over a little longer than it did before, before it starts....but other than that no problem what so ever.... its a real clean install and im happy with the overall turnout...I grounded the battery to the strut tower and removed my seats and ran the positive 0 gauge cable under the carpet, through the strut tower area then drilled a hole in the plastic and ran it directly to the battery....running through a 200 amp fuse....the fuse hasnt blown in the 4 weeks ive been running the car...if it does ive got a 250 amp breaker that ill try...
91 JDM ST185
"just a little 4-banger"
jonnyboygt4
Club Member

Postby WarTowels » Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:44 am

Sounds good!
2003 S2000
1985 300TD
WarTowels
Gold GTfour God

Previous