Audio System Help!

For everything related to the inside of the car!!

Re: Audio System Help!

Postby GingerGT-S » Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:10 am

alright man i'm going to purchase this harness and give it a shot, wish me luck. if this solves my problem i'll be sure to let you guys know.

thanks dudes
Members don't see the above ad. Register now - it's free!
GingerGT-S
Club Member

1990 Toyota Celica

Postby GingerGT-S » Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:33 am

alright i purchased the Autoleads one and i'll see how it goes, if it's a no go then i'll count my losses and move forward.
GingerGT-S
Club Member

1990 Toyota Celica

Postby GingerGT-S » Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:08 pm

alright well i figured out how i connected the radio. The radio came with a harness that snapped in to the back of my aftermarket HU but had wires that i crimped to other wires and at the end was the female harness that the male factory harness connects into.

so when i get the autoleads harness, all i have to do is take the black connector, plug that into my aftermarket HU, the female end, into the male factory harness and the RCA outs. does this sound correct? because i have a few doubts.

1) will the black end plug into my aftermarket HU?
2) OR do i place this harness in between the connected harnesses somehow?

if anybody can clarify this, that would be great, if not its alright and when i get the harness i'll just have to try out what i can.

edit: http://www.stephenmason.com/cars/mr2pc9406.html this site clarified some things. pretty much it looks like i have to disconnect the harness that is plugged into my aftermarket HU and whats plugged into the factory harness, and use the Autoleads adapter instead. he states the black plug should fit into the back of my after market HU, but if it doesn't then oh well i suppose, theres not much else i can do, other than bypassing the amp, which my step brother may do for me.
GingerGT-S
Club Member

1990 Toyota Celica

Postby Por2geezGT4 » Sun May 01, 2011 5:06 pm

I am in the same boat. I will be installing a new head unit soon and wanted to see what the easiest way to do this is. If i purchase the PC9-406 autoleads it looks like that is all i will need to install a new headunit right? Will that harness make it a simple plug and play?
Por2geezGT4
Club Member

Postby GingerGT-S » Mon May 02, 2011 6:37 pm

i may just have my step-brother wire re wire the speakers from the amp to the back of my head-unit because i am not even sure i wanna take apart everything to find out this harness does not work.

because my headunit had some wires that we had to tape off that were unused and they were for "rear speakers" so we may just take the wires from the speaker that run to the amp, run them under my rug, into the headunit and crimp em and see what happens.

i'm more confident in him doing it for me than this harness doing any good, we'll have to see.
GingerGT-S
Club Member

1990 Toyota Celica

Previous

Return to Audio / Wiring / Interior