Climate control leds

woot woot

Hey all i wanted to change the bulbs in my climate control unit to white ones in my JDM ST185.

I have changed them over and can get them to light up individually when touched with multi metre but when plugged into car have the leds will not light up, and have no idea whats wrong.

Any tips??????????

toayoztan

Yeah, the LEDs have polarity.

What kind of LEDs did you get though?? A naked/raw LED works off about 3 volts. Hooking up directly to the car of a 12v source will destroy them. You need to put in a resistor.

A lot of "automotive" LEDs are sold that already have built in/soldered resistors to use in cars, as well as some being able to allow the LEDs to dim.

www.superbrightleds.com is where I went to grab all of mine.

Did you read the big thread about changing over the climate control bulbs to LEDs too?

Bryan

woot woot

I put them in the right way with the polarity cause i left one in and tested it then put the new ones in. I did not read the led install guide though. I saw the Vader Gt4 with them (Looked really really good) and wanted to match the white leds i put in my dash cluster and thought i knew what i was doing.......lol. Worst of all i dont think i changed anything besides the leds and now cant get them to work.

Yeh i did not want to blind myself so went for in the middle brightness LEDs ( have done the same thing in the past lol).

Can u send me a ink for the led guide? I tried to look for it but found some other ones