Hatch Cover Question ST165

Rugburn

So, I have a 165. As I'm sure ALL OF YOU KNOW, there is like a .001% chance I'll ever find the stock IMSA colored rear hatch cover.

That being said, it is also fairly impossible that I will stumble upon any other hatch cover for a 16x. This is a problem, because I really want a hatch cover.

So, I'm asking someone here on the forum to do me a big favor.
If you've got a hatch cover, and wouldn't mind terribly tracing out the shape for me on some butcher's paper or something, rolling it on up, and sending it to me, that'd be fantastic.
That way I can make one out of cardboard, or whatever that emery board type stuff is. I'd also need to know where the mounts go, and I don't know what I'd do about that, but it'd make me very happy to have even a totally fake bogus hand-made jankie ghetto hatch cover.

Any takers?
I'll pay for shipping, and even throw in a few bucks for the trouble!

Oh, pictures of a hatch cover for me to work with would be phenomenal, too.

DudeMan

I can help you out.

I have a blue hatch cover from an 88' GTS sitting in my garage.

I'm willing to sell it, or just trace it and send you the template.

PM me and we can work something out.

sbart83

I'm also wondering about making a custom hatch cover for my 165, would you be willing to draw me a template as well? i can throw a few bux in, and mail a stamped envelope with my address too.

jaydog82

I copied my OE one that was trash, I think I could put together a guide including new parts list with blueprints that could work out very nicely.

88gt4DE

jaydog82":1nk65i59 said:
I copied my OE one that was trash, I think I could put together a guide including new parts list with blueprints that could work out very nicely.

Great idea ... I would like to do this right after my seats

Anoo21

I just got a good condition one and still have my old still good but just missing a piece and stuff. I can trace it out or i might even sell the old one to someone it used it for a year before i found another one in better condition lol :lol:

sbart83

aww, please trace it! i think im gonna custom make mine, and throw some 6 x 9's on either side, with a vent covered in black mesh in the middle so the 12" woofer underneath can be heard

88miles

I found one today in a yard that was trashed, but managed to salvage the hardware which is in perfect shape, so if one of you guys with a nice one could provide some dimensions
I would be able to make one and offer it up for sale here. The one I have in my car has some damage to the edge so I want to redo it also, I just can't make out the original shape perfect, so
if jaydog or anoo would provide a template that would be great and hopefully I would be able to start making some of these for members. I know its something that people are looking for.

Anoo21

I have been busy but I bet sometime this week I can trace it out if I find a paper big enough and post it up. It took me over 2 years to find a great condition intact. I would love to help out my fellow alltrac owners, so you do not have to go through what I did. Ill keep everyone posted.

Anoo21

Hey sorry guys been busy with work and the alltrac wasn't running for a few days. I should be off this weekend snd have pictures and dimensions up. Sbart83 I will pm you soon.

Anoo21

Anoo21":1nwfi78q said:
Hey sorry guys been busy with work and the alltrac wasn't running for a few days. I should be off this weekend snd have pictures and dimensions up. Sbart83 I will pm you soon.
Sooooo been very busy, my son was born and its been cold and miserable here in Kansas. I will have to keep everyone posted. I just got someone asking for more pictures of the supports, I have a long sheet of paper that will work for a trace and to draw where the supports go just have to get time to do it. I will keep everyone posted.
I know how it feels to not have a security cover, I went 2 years with not having one and I love mine.