STI guage pod install

InitialD93

sorry this took so long guys... but here is what i came out with

guagepod.jpg

STIguages.jpg

InitialD93

lol... never satisfied

ive had some wiring problems so im gona have to pull em back out again... ill post up pics of all the modifications i had to do... mostly just triming the pod a bit and cutting a hole in the dash

tweekgt4

i won't be adding anymore gauges but it sure looks clean. if there is cutting, that may be a turn off for a lot of people. if not that, then the drilling of a hole.

ever look into some of the domestic apps?

flat dash... may be less work?

i have wires coming from the vent myself. i don't mind the wires...

InitialD93

well the problem was the depth of my guages... they hung down the bottom corner below the flat part of the pod so i cut a rectangle out of the dash with a Dremel for them to sit in and run the wires through. it wasnt too hard... took about an hour to get the pod fitted...

the wiring was a bitch for the guages though... i was in a hurry so i screwed a few things up... time to redo it i guess.

SnowDRiFT

Can we see some more pics of this setup? it looks nice, im just curious of the angle form the drivers seat and all..... thank you

InitialD93

lol i have to get a camera again... mine broke so i think im gona get a new one in April... the guages are very visable and easy to read at night... the oly problem is getting used to looking to the right to check them... its probably more ergonomic to have them on the pillar but i liked the look and wanted to do something different to take up that big empty space on the dash.

only complaint i have is that i cant see both clusters at the same time.. but its easy to glance over while driving... i got used to it quickly. Ill prolly be adding more guages later and those will go into the pillar pod... this is also a good alternative if u already have guages in a pillar pod and would like to add some more.

i got all the wiring fixed now.. i just had a bad power connection... they work great now. and i tapped into the stock sending unit for the water temp guage... you would be amazed at how much your water temperature really fluctuates while ur driving... the stock guage buffers it alot

SnowDRiFT

Hey, im about to set this all up in a few days. i was wondering if you ahppened to have some pics of the install?? or even pics in general of what you have done. thanks!