Greddy Turbo Timer in a ST185

PhilipK

Where can I find info on how to install this? I have the harness and everything just need to know how it goes in.

BraveUlysses

Turbo timer I assume?

Pull off the trim underneath the steering wheel. It should be held on with about 7 or 8 screws. Remove the metal brace underneath that, and you will find the ecu harness--plug your harness into it and find a spot to mount your turbo timer. Put it all back together

A

Anonymous

For ther Record, The Greddy harness needs to be the TT-14-13 to work with a st185. Not the TT-14-11. Make sure you get the right one.

MARLON1211

What T-timer did you have
i have a HKS w/ harness is this a direct bolt on do i need to go connect one wire to the E-brake.
Give me more info on how to install tnis if you did it yourself.
Thanks.

Update:
HKS turbo timer installed am so happy.

RIalltrac

The info on the HKS site says that if you dont hook up the wire for the ebrake it wont count down, its more than likely a fail safe so the car doesnt start moving because the ebrake isnt up & the car is in gear. I would imagine if you spliced into the wire that recognizes the ebrake is up, like the light that shows when the brake is being applied, that you would be all set.

alltracman78

BraveUlysses":224qx4zc said:
Turbo timer I assume?

Pull off the trim underneath the steering wheel. It should be held on with about 7 or 8 screws. Remove the metal brace underneath that, and you will find the ecu harness--plug your harness into it and find a spot to mount your turbo timer. Put it all back together

Kris, you sure you mean the ecu harness?
That's on the other side, on the firewall/floor....
*Unless you mean the other wires that go from the ecu. It's not really the ecu harness. :shrug: More of a dash harness[it runs all over the dash]*

Chris, that's so no-one can steal the car. If you set the ebrake, with the timer on, and you release the lever w-out a key in the ignition, it will kill the engine.

Gary

alltracman78":ixrp04xk said:
BraveUlysses":ixrp04xk said:
Chris, that's so no-one can steal the car. If you set the ebrake, with the timer on, and you release the lever w-out a key in the ignition, it will kill the engine.
Good point. :D

BlackGT4

i am installing one of these greddy ones into my car at the moment.
i have taken off the neccesary trim and i can see a metal thing behind my ignition. are the wires in there? coz i cant seem to find the wires.
i'm not using a harness but i will be ok with the wiring because i do have an english manual.
please help asap i'd luv the get everything back together as soon as i can.

thanks guys.

Gary

Take that black metal piece that hold the speaker off.
The ignition harness is right behind/under the ignition key.

BlackGT4

i took the whole trim off with the speaker and all.
is it black and plugs into another white harness.. well i unplugged that and when i turn the key i get nothing.. so i am assuming its that one. ?
a pic would be really helpful.
and then do i have to cut all the wires, use a multimeter to see which ones i need.. and then solder them all up again? or is there an easier way?
does anyone know which colour wires i need to wire into.

sorry for too many questions...
thanks guys.

BlackGT4

nevermind fellas.. i figured i'm better off getting a harness for easier removal of the turbo timer in the future.

BlackGT4

ok this is for anyone who needs to hard wire a greddy turbo timer into a st185
-connect green wire to orange+black
-connect red wire to red+black
-leave out blue wire altogether.

i have it wired like this and it works fine.
thanks to all the ppl who helped me with mine.

A

Anonymous

For ther Record, The Greddy harness needs to be the TT-14-13 to work with a st185. Not the TT-14-11. Make sure you get the right one.......................... is this correct because i have the timer and need to order the harness can i get some clarification

yettegog

yes that is completely correct. greddy has it wrong on their site. make sure you get the TT-14-13, it will be listed for the mr2 turbo.