Group buy on High Output alternators.

For everything related to the inside of the car!!

Re: Group buy on High Output alternators.

Postby WarTowels » Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:40 pm

Sigh, I don't think you are getting what I'm saying all at, temperacerguy.

But I don't have enough interest in attempting to explain it to you.

Cheers,

-Towels
Members don't see the above ad. Register now - it's free!
2003 S2000
1985 300TD
User avatar
WarTowels
Gold GTfour God
 
Posts: 6443
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2004 4:30 am
Location: I live in a garage.

Re: Group buy on High Output alternators.

Postby temperacerguy » Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:41 pm

dragstang86 wrote:
4rsnduction wrote:How many group buys are going around at the moment ?

- Front LSD
- Moroso oil pan
- High amp alternator

Did i miss any ?


That's a good thing if you ask me! I'm interested in finding out if that is the type of machining he was referring too..



Ok well i looked closely at that alternator that looks billet. If you look closely only the face is machined. The rest of the case (non mounting) is plain casting. Clean but still rough cast. I emailed dominick the link and asked if he could make it look like that

I am just getting mine in jet black and let him do what he wants with the machining
the VIS hood group buy is now closed.... you missed out!
temperacerguy
Club Member
 
Posts: 273
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:16 am

Re: Group buy on High Output alternators.

Postby temperacerguy » Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:43 pm

WarTowels wrote:Sigh, I don't think you are getting what I'm saying all at, temperacerguy.

But I don't have enough interest in attempting to explain it to you.

Cheers,

-Towels

What are you saying then? Dcpower used cast cases like everyone else. It says so in every alternator description. While their advertizing may show a pretty billet case thats not what they ship
the VIS hood group buy is now closed.... you missed out!
temperacerguy
Club Member
 
Posts: 273
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:16 am

Re: Group buy on High Output alternators.

Postby dragstang86 » Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:14 pm

temperacerguy wrote: While their advertizing may show a pretty billet case thats not what they ship


I'll take a better look at the one at the shop this afternoon. I think it is just the front half of the case that is machined. I think the rear half may just be cast, as it was cast, but I didn't look at it that close.
92 All trac
dragstang86
Club Member
 
Posts: 407
Joined: Tue May 10, 2011 4:49 am
Location: Severn, MD

Re: Group buy on High Output alternators.

Postby dragstang86 » Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:08 am

temperacerguy wrote:
dragstang86 wrote:
4rsnduction wrote:How many group buys are going around at the moment ?

- Front LSD
- Moroso oil pan
- High amp alternator

Did i miss any ?


That's a good thing if you ask me! I'm interested in finding out if that is the type of machining he was referring too..



Ok well i looked closely at that alternator that looks billet. If you look closely only the face is machined. The rest of the case (non mounting) is plain casting. Clean but still rough cast. I emailed dominick the link and asked if he could make it look like that

I am just getting mine in jet black and let him do what he wants with the machining


You are right. I looked at it and the back half is just cast while the front half of the case is machined. Regardless though it looks nice!
92 All trac
dragstang86
Club Member
 
Posts: 407
Joined: Tue May 10, 2011 4:49 am
Location: Severn, MD

Re: Group buy on High Output alternators.

Postby dragstang86 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:39 am

Is this still in the works?
92 All trac
dragstang86
Club Member
 
Posts: 407
Joined: Tue May 10, 2011 4:49 am
Location: Severn, MD

Re: Group buy on High Output alternators.

Postby temperacerguy » Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:03 am

Yup, I am not on this forum very much, but a PM will send me a notification. There are like 6 on the list... we need to hit 12 to account for the stragglers.
the VIS hood group buy is now closed.... you missed out!
temperacerguy
Club Member
 
Posts: 273
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:16 am

Re: Group buy on High Output alternators.

Postby temperacerguy » Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:05 pm

dragstang86 wrote:Quite a coincidence. I just started an inquiry with the below company who have some really nice billet case alternators. We have a DEA surveillance truck in the shop for some fabrication work that has all the wire tap equipment in the back of it and has a dual alternator set up on it from this company and it is a sweet looking piece. They don't currently list something for our cars but they have a ton of applications so one for our cars could be possibility. Figured I would just post this as it could be another option for you as well.

https://www.dcpowerinc.com/category/hig ... ators.html



Ok. Finally got a reply from dc...

Thanks for contacting us and for your interest in DC Power Engineering's products. At this time, we do not offer anything for your vehicle. We do plan on making something within the next 2-3 months, however at this time I cannot offer you anything. Please let me know if you have any more questions. Have a great day.


which is manufacturing speak for "we dont make shit for you but dont buy anything else because we dont want to lose a potential sale if we ever do plan on ever making something". If there really was something down the road they would already have it on the development schedule, not the mythological "2-3 months"
the VIS hood group buy is now closed.... you missed out!
temperacerguy
Club Member
 
Posts: 273
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:16 am

Previous

Return to Audio / Wiring / Interior

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 2 guests