Noise when opening doors after driving *video now*% fixed%+p

tubasteve

Just removed the lever, little more pull when driving that I've been complaining about for years.
Pix show passenger side....

I won't be held liable if you do what i did, i pulled two units apart to fix. Safety belts are no joke!

I revived the white lever from the seat belt assembly that gives you less trenton when the door is closed. Both sides...I still jump cause the noise is not there.
-jr

So in on the trail, but everytime someone new sits in the car the are scared they just broken something. I noticed it only happening on my passengers side on my red one, but both on my black car.

The noise I'm speaking of is like the worlds biggest velcro being pulled apart towards the rear of the door. It will not happen again until car is driven 5+ mins... I've lubed the rubber seal around the door, but tonight I believe the door panel is sticking to the rear interior panel. Been raining the past few days so I haven't looked into the issue yet. I'm not lost, just know I've been bugged, seeing if other people have solved it.

If no answer tonight, I'll have one tomorrow for everyone else.

-jr

I did search, and no return. Thanks

i think it has something to do with the lever on the door jam.. last time i had it disassembled, it seems to be a lever that wrks in conjunction with the belt retractor..

tubasteve

It is a bigger sound than that. But I'll check. Its still pouring like a mother...i guys I can't complain when most can't even touch their cars for months.

-jr

2_Liter_Turbo

I know on my car, the passenger side makes a loud noise when opened occasionally, and it's a common toyota seat belt retractor issue. Common on Toyota trucks and SUVs at least.

lumbercis

Mine does it too, I'm pretty sure it's the seat belt retractor as stated. Although you are right that it does sound louder and more horrendous than you would think for seat belt retractors.

tubasteve

No, the door being opened, the seat belt retractor....oh wait the black lever? Its like two pieces stock together...

UtahSleeper

Could still be the the seatbelt retracting...............maybe. Hard to tell. Easy test is to pull the seatbelt out all the way before opening the door. Thats just the only thing it sounds like to me. Similiar to what my 5th gen seatbelt sounded like.

tubasteve

disappointed, i took so many pictures of this and what i did and how i f**ked mine up to have to buy anohter belt........................... really pissed now.

anyways, remove your seat belt assembly and see the white nylon arm, there is an e-clip that holds it on, both sides are different, one is a rod on it, the other is only the little arm. its job is make it easy for you to breathe, but when you open the door gives the belt another spring to pull itself up.

id preferred it to just be tight all the time. owned an alltrac for 6 years, made this change.....haven't noticed a difference.

because this is the seatbelts we are talking about, im not saying you SHOULD do this, but what i did to fix MY problem. long story short, if you die or get hurt its not my fault.
-jr

if i find pix, ill post.