165 no working interior electrical

Hash

So I bought this 165, horrible decision. I have one working dash backlight. I'm thinking it was a transplant motor and was wondering where to start. My alternator has a wire that won't stay in the plug, so let's just say is pure battery power untill iget a new plug in. any ideas though? Not sure where to start..

quieter

go get a new clip (plug) from any electronic store (the ones that carry IC's, boards, etc...) and solder both ends and put shrink wrap . you should be good. respect the wires thickness (AWG) if you dont want to start a fire. match it or go bigger. take your whole dash appart and change the lights. you an always go to the dealer and ask them for the lights or go to the scrapyard. good luck with your new acquirement!

Awesome-Trac

Get a multimeter and check each fuse to see if your circuit is open or closed when energize it by turning the system on. Another thing you can try to do is hitting the circuit breaker on either driver or pass side near the kick panel, see if anything turns on

underscore

If you have the tools/knowledge to do so, yes. I just know that wiring is like black magic to a lot of people so I tend to assume they won't know how/what to use to do that (sorry!)

Hash

I'm no electrical genius but I do have a$500 fluke so I should be able to do just about anything, however there is stuff I need to do before I start and i'm very limited on funds ATM. :/

quieter

do a continuity test on the fuses too even if you eyed them, might of cut off because of a falsy grommet or bad connection in the pins. but for real your problem sounds like a fuse. happens alot when you switch the radio and connect a 12v wire to a ground or touching a metal part like the brackets or the radio case

underscore

Oh and at risk of sounding silly (but to cover all bases) I'm assuming you've checked all the fuse boxes & relays?

Hash

I've been told that relays very rarely go out, so I haven't. A fuse/relay box hangs loosely under the hood, as part of the battery holder has been cut to make way for the front mount ic i'm guessing, so i'm trying to figure out how to mount that...

88gt4DE

Stock it was mounted on side on battery tray but alot of people axe that when they do A straight intake setup ... there are a few things in the underhood fuse block that will control things in the car. when you get yer battery back start with voltage tests across the fuses. You have that fluke meter so set it to DC volts and ground the black. Use the red to look for voltage at the fuses , some will be at all times and others with the key on ... start with just that and see what ya find ... :smokes:

Hash

IMG004.jpg

Will do and keep ya posted.

88gt4DE

I could swear in that picture it looks like ground / earth underneath ... well ... as for trans ID , I know the 165 and 185 US trans has a vin plate on drivers side behind axle ... you can see if there's anything there ...