165 no working interior electrical

88gt4DE

I'm guessing its an old picture and theres one there now. Theres a few grounds , top of trans and I'm fairly certain theres suppose to be one going to the inside of the fender area near where the battery goes ... few other things to check ...

88gt4DE

Must be alot of stuff missing , I dont remember being able to the ground that well through the top of mine , hell can barely get yer hands in some of the places :twisted:

Hash

Haven't seen under another.s hood but I imagine you are absolutely right.
IMG010.jpg

88gt4DE

Well , they are def aloooot of work , but well worth it and fun to drive when you get most the bugs out. You will always have " some" bugs that you will learn to ignore as long and they don't involve safety etc etc. Some you wont be able to find parts to fix so you just say screw it ... :roll:

Hash

Well i'm hoping to do a light weight fun to drive weekend warrior out run the fuzz kinda thing with this eventually. Right now i'm just trying to get the gauges working...:/

88gt4DE

Lots of help on here , I tend to be on at night .. opposite coast so a little time difference ... sometimes during day but that depends on work load ... I was out yer way last year on a work trip. visited 2 Toyota dealers out there. One in Bellevue and one in Bellingham ...

Hash

Oh you lucky lucky guy. Lol. I'm set to finish my aas in automotive technology in December. Living off of school ATM... Trying to gain a tool collection, I work in gravel, my next buy is a jack. I wonder if they make any with inflatable tires... Lol. I'm also debating on parting this out, it needs a ground up resto and was last titled in Calif. As salvaged.

88gt4DE

I don't know about lucky , the job has very little percs really ... but its a job for now till something better comes along. Been doing it a long time ... just time for something new. It took me almost two year to get mine just running ... so if you have a good motor and trans you have alot of good to start with. One thing at a time cause it will piss you off alot at times. Set low expectations at first on goals to meet when you work on it so you wont be dissappointed when it doesn't work out ... And it will happen. Mine got me 2 weeks ago on a power steering leak , had that damn pump out 4 friggin times and I was hotter than hell at that car ... :x

Hash

Goood advice. Yea I got paid 20 bucks to do a PS pump on somebody.s chev. Took me 2hrs and was a pain but oh well, paid for a meal. Lol

88gt4DE

Yeah you'll get the jobs that don't pay much , and then some you'll do good on , some people will bug the living sh** out of you every week to work on their car ... its a great business to be in :shoots: Well I'm off , let us know how yer testing goes , curious to see whats up ... 8)