Anyone painted their interior plastics?

WarTowels

As I tear down my red Alltrac my imagination with what to do with the interior has been running. And one thing seems obvious, my tired faded light gray and grays need some work. I'd like to keep it two tone, but just make everything a bit darker. No colors.

Has anyone done this? If so, how well can it last?

PICTURES?!

-Towels

CMS-GT4

There is a thread here on repainting interior oem color. There is a link the the company, and the paint code. They carry other colors as well, so you can mix it up. I did mine last spring, so I can not say about longevity.

Spectra1

On my swapped GTS I painted my whole interior a semi gloss black. It turned out really well and has very good wear resistance. You can not tell it was painted and looks completely oem. Places that receive a lot of wear need to be touched up every now and then like the plastic strip along the door on the floor. I used SEM paint with a special plastics primer and spent a lot of time prepping the surface with solvents and light etching. I plan on doing this to my alltrac sometime in the near future.

WarTowels

Yeah I did some reading on the SEM products specifically made for changing the color of plastics, I think that is the way to go. I'm going to go for darker, no gloss. Got pictures of your GT-S?

I don't think Plasidip will cut it.

-Towels

Spectra1

Here's a few pics. They are not the greatest as the car was dusty at the time but they give you the general idea.

DSC_1150.jpg

DSC_1158.jpg

DSC_1162.jpg

DSC_1165.jpg

DSC_1148.jpg

WarTowels

Nice dude, that helps a lot thank you.

I think I want to do the exact same thing except not quite as extreme as black/silver. But same exact idea.

-Towels

Spectra1

Thanks. Ill try and take some more recent pics of what it looked like when it was all finished. I think the black silver was cool but when I do it to my alltrac I may go with a darker shade of sliver to tone things down a bit. Make sure you get the right plastics adhesive primer and clean everything with an appropriate solvent and it will turn out really good.

Awesome-Trac

I love how it looks spectra1, not over done and you didn't use plain old car paint like a bunch of cars I've seen around lately especially on craigslist

klue

krylon fusion for any hard plastics
vinyl paint for any soft ones like the dash(cant remember the brand)

-like painting anything prep is everything, soap and water to remove the heavy stuff, then alcohol right before you spray. Nice light coats and it will come out good.
- Dont use anything gloss on your dash, youll get a crazy reflection when its sunny out onto the windsheild and its Fing annoying. Ask me how i know lol...