How did you wire your gauges?

celigts

So I seem to be having bs issues keeping the 4 gauges I have running. I wired up the oil pressure gauge to find as I powered it up either a wire touched somewhere or something. So checked all the fuses and non were blown :/ so I checked and princess auto has a fuse block panel thing I was thinking of getting so it doesn't happen again.

Ideas? Could I have blown the gauges?

88gt4DE

Which part doesnt work ? backlighting ? or is it a digital one ? Did you mount it in a pillar pod and get one of the wires caught in the mounting screw ? let us know what ya find 8)

celigts

Well all my gauges different so I have 2 aem digital and ones uego and the other water temp, the other is vacuum and no light and the other is oil pressure.

Was wirin up the the oil pressure and it was grounded and just needed to plug the power and BAM all went out.

CMS-GT4

A power distribution block is the way to go. Look up the electrical faq. I had the same questions and I was guided in the right direction. Do it all right the first time, or regret it.

88gt4DE

celigts":1urrjq63 said:
Well all my gauges different so I have 2 aem digital and ones uego and the other water temp, the other is vacuum and no light and the other is oil pressure.

Was wirin up the the oil pressure and it was grounded and just needed to plug the power and BAM all went out.

ok , anything else in car not work now ? Did you tap into OEM wiring and what circuit were you trying to add it to ? You can test the gauges out of the car by hooking fused jumper to battery to check it too ...

celigts

I was I think spliced into an ignition wire. All my interior lights work including gauge cluster. Windows, sunroof, heat, interior fans.

What I'm not sure is if it was wired to the ignition light around the key starter. Have to see. :/ I trouble light tested the fuses in the cab and all worked