Converting electric windows to manual in ST165?

RallyX-GT4

I've been curious about this for some time now. I know there is no weight to be saved, but I am not confident in the reliability of the switches (almost couldn't compete in an AutoCross one time because my window wouldn't roll up the last inch or so...).
At any rate, I would also like to simplify the interior door card to clean things up a bit and allow more room for door bars down the road.
So if anyone knows, were there ST165s with a manual window option? If not, there had to be some ST16X that did - I can't find a pic featuring the inside of the door. Or would it be easier to just replace the entire door?
The only thing I don't like about fabbing a custom door card is that your would have to cut the stock piece to clear the clutter and still have it meet the window nicely.
Any thoughts?

UtahSleeper

Most GT models and I think all ST models of celica had manual windows. Not sure what would be needed to convert your door, but I imagine the easiest (ish) method would be to just buy a manul door. That way you also get a spare door card to hack up. Or you can just find a door and remove everything from the inside to try and covert yours.

And no 165's came with manual windows.

nw94rs

I swapped doors on one of my 165s with a 162 & on my most recent all trac I swapped the inside from the 162 into my 165 doors. There's definitely weight to be saved from the manual windows just not enough to be worth the work, if weight saving is the goal.

RallyX-GT4

Thanks for the info everyone! I think I'll try and track down some ST162 doors and see what I can do from there. If some weight is saved, great. If not, that's cool too since my primary concern is dealing with one less gremlin.

RallyX-GT4

RallyMax165":2ipixuh4 said:
Why manual windows?

BecauseRaceCar

Uh, I'm sure this is asking a lot since this is such a lengthy thread, but did you actually read any of the previous 5 posts? :bangshead: