Help !!

sarnodude

So long story short my 1990 Celica is dead. :x

I was replacing a burnt primary wire on my ignition coil (MSD), and I saw some arcing.
I disconnected the battery and proceeded to replace 12 inches of burnt wire. Replaced the negative coil wire, just to be sure.

When I reconnected my battery, nothing worked. ( No cranking, no headlights, no mirrors, no signals, no wipers , no windows, no stereo...dead, dead, dead).
I haven't found any more burnt wires, and all underhood fuses check "good" with an ohmmeter. Battery voltage is 12.5 volts, measured at terminals.

Where is the fusible link on this car? Is there someplace else I should look?

MrMcQuacker

Fusebox. Check the underside cover and it should show you where that fuse it located. If not the just look at a diagram.

quieter

also check your positive wire to the main fuse to see if that arc didnt split your wire by using a multimeter

sarnodude

quieter":34qi9e1u said:
also check your positive wire to the main fuse to see if that arc didnt split your wire by using a multimeter

UPDATE: Okay. so..
[1] All of the under hood and kick panel fuses check good using my ohmmeter.
[2] There are no live circuits to be found anywhere under the hood or inside the car.

I will have to trace the wire from the main fuse back to the battery. I suspect the area where it passes through the firewall is probably the culprit. I'll let you guys know how it goes. Poor old car was modified over the years, and the wiring is definitely dodgy. Thank goodness my MR2 is relatively unmolested.

Definitely appreciate the help!

quieter

ive had something happen to me like this once. i had to shake the fusebox and the car would be driveable again rofl. its probably a dead contact, not because the fuses check out that the wiring does too! my problem was the fusebox next to the battery i know this will sound stupid but get someone to turn the key to accessories and to see if any lights go on in the dash while you play and fiddle with the wiring. you will probably find a main cut wire. also check the other fuse panel under the steering wheel to the left of the pedals

sarnodude

It's alive!!!!
Whole thing was caused by the battery relocation wiring. I'm going to have to properly fix some of this soneday, but for now my car appears to be functioning.
If I didn't have to work all weekend, i could reassemble the interior and intake system, and hopefully see if my ignition coil repair actually works. Sigh.. I hate it when work intrferes with my hobbies.