Rewiring after standalone ecu install

bmt

OK I am currently in the middle of a swap project,

viewtopic.php?f=44&t=42754

I have the motor running, engine harness is fine, but I need help with the body harness. I have the harness that was under the dash out and the fuse/relay box is out.

I have almost all the plugs identified but what do you think should be my next step?

I have removed the ac and the original heater so I can strip any of that wire out of the harness. My heater is a simple cable operated one so the only wiring will be a back light and a fan control.

I can do fab work but anything electrical just confuses me.

I will need some help with identifying a plan of attack.

Thanks

deecee

1. Identify what stuff you need eg fan control, gauge cluster lights, indicators, lights etc
2. identify currently what you have eg engine ECU
3. strip out anything you don't need or want based on your identification of the body wiring loom
4. if in doubt, get a hot rod wiring kit and rip out any old wiring (which loops everywhere) and make yourself a new body harness which will suit your needs

I have done/will do 1-3
My friend Nick is doing 4 because it is easier than doing 1-3, and his Nissan wiring is junk and probably corroded green like his coil pack wiring.

bmt

Got some direction today that basically agrees with what you've said. :D

It was becoming a bit overwhelming but I feel a bit more positive now!!

After 3 years or so I just want it done...

The motor sounds good though. I need to get this stuff done so I can run it in a bit and find any issues before it goes to the dyno.

Thanks David!

deecee

Having gone done the wiring route, on the older cars, having separate boy and engine looms isn't too much of a mission.
So which will you go for?

bmt

Since the engine is already done and running it will be separate looms for me!!

I will keep you posted.....