Randon difference between LHD and RHD cars

Locker

this is going to be a fairly random list of crap that different between a USDM Car and a JDM Car. This is the not so obvious stuff As many of you know I've converted a RHD car to LHD and thought I'd share some of the less obvious differences that make this annoying as all hell.

There will be a things that I will miss in here as I'm getting pretty far along in the rebuild but things I run into or remember I'll make sure to add.
If anyone has specific questions about parts I'm happy to answer. The below list is more shit that is driving crazy.

1. Bottom mounting tab's for the dashboard.
2. Seat belt mounting locations both top and bottom!!! (I made the mistake of keeping the quarter glass panels from the USDM car instead of the JDM....FU&K
3. Drivers and passenger seat belts

underscore

I'm pretty sure the internals of the drivers seats are different, as my JDM GTFour is much tighter at max adjustment than my USDM GTS.

Locker

Do you have power lumbar?
I will be running the Jdm drivers seat and the usdm drivers seat so they will both have full adjustment. They feel about the same.

deecee

side mirrors- magnification is apparently different when JDM mirrors are sent to USA for conversion
firewall
various hoses
the wiring is reversed. The american manuals note various wiring colours for the door electrics but they are reverse for Japanese cars
various trim is reversed, especially the dash components
fold down shades - assuming the mirror is on the passenger side of a LHD car. Its on the pass side of my RHD car

Locker

DeeCee":itzwb1kl said:
side mirrors- magnification is apparently different when JDM mirrors are sent to USA for conversion
firewall
various hoses
the wiring is reversed. The american manuals note various wiring colours for the door electrics but they are reverse for Japanese cars
various trim is reversed, especially the dash components
fold down shades - assuming the mirror is on the passenger side of a LHD car. Its on the pass side of my RHD car
RHD cars have a light for the vanity mirror while USDA does not
Ontop of the firewall the mount for the steering rack needs to be changed as well as the cowel
Mirrors are also reversed as stated but you can order a set from Germany or France (manual folding but LHD)

underscore

Locker":1yyfuwfu said:
I will be running the Jdm drivers seat and the usdm drivers seat so they will both have full adjustment. They feel about the same.

Yes, both have the full power controls. I cannot confirm if either has been damaged or modified in some way though.

Locker

underscore":39eykzd2 said:
Locker":39eykzd2 said:

Yes, both have the full power controls. I cannot confirm if either has been damaged or modified in some way though.

JDM seats made for skinny people... USDM made for us fatty's??? lol I'm interested to test this once i have power in the car.

underscore

Haha that's what I thought, or maybe a fat person killed the last bit of adjustment in my USDM seat, hard to say. The base of the seat might be a tad taller too but I've never measured.