Real Leather Seat Covers

FC Zach

I installed the rear set yesterday and with little effort, all corrections were made to the troubled areas I pointed out. I'm gonna leave these alone for a couple weeks before steaming the leather so ignore the wrinkles, I'm sure they will look perfect afterwards (I'll take a follow up picture later).

I did have to trim some material (~1/4") off the plastic flap that wedges between the top of the seat back and the carpeted cover but aside from that all went well.

I wish I took pictures of them before installing so unfortunately all I have to share is a low quality pic of them installed.
41588248812_7ac3dac0a7_c.jpg

Q-Ball

Looks great! I’m tempted to go bold and get the copper / saddle color leather. Just not sure how it will look against the trim color.

GT4times2

Loving the work guys. Looking to order one (maybe two) sets in the near future. I just want to make sure all issues have been addressed and proper fitment won't be an issue at this point. I may have an upholstery shop install it (lack of time and fear of destroying anything). I'll leave it to the pros. I would also like to ask the upholsterer if he would consider doing the door pieces to match (I'd be willing to lend him my pieces). I'm liking what I see so far.

FC Zach

GT4times2":3rpilbd7 said:
Loving the work guys. Looking to order one (maybe two) sets in the near future. I just want to make sure all issues have been addressed and proper fitment won't be an issue at this point. I may have an upholstery shop install it (lack of time and fear of destroying anything). I'll leave it to the pros. I would also like to ask the upholsterer if he would consider doing the door pieces to match (I'd be willing to lend him my pieces). I'm liking what I see so far.

Thanks! I believe the guy has corrected all issues by now. Like you've mentioned, it would be nice to have matching door pieces but in all honesty it really isn't that noticeable to me. I pointed it out to my wife the one day it did catch my eye and she said she would have never noticed had I not pointed it out. I got to thinking the other day. . . if it were to ever bother me enough (the color difference) to have it corrected, how hard would it be to dye the replacement covers?

FC Zach

However, another option I have is to use the extra leather from the original set they sent me that they didn't want returned. . I may have an upholster use that material for my door inserts.

teal1

Still happy with the covers? I'm ready to do the same unless you've found problems after the install.
Your thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks.

EvilStig

Hey my dudes,

just wanted to follow up on this thread and let you all know, I was working with the guy to get a second set of seat back covers made since the first ones he sent were a hard fit and I had some gripes with the attachment points and some other minor details. I ended up sending him my factory passenger seat cover with some requests for stronger materials at some of the weak points. It took some months before I got back the new covers, but I am incredibly happy with them and the improvements he made. Super work. I haven't finished the passenger seat yet but here's some pictures of the driver seat I put together last weekend. notice the upgraded canvas wire sleeves, leather pull tabs at the bottom of the wings, and plastic tab anchors on the fold-over fabric to the seat bottom which now matches the factory seats.

I had to use some steam to get the wings stretched snug over the foam, and the only difficulty I had was getting steam in to eliminate the last of the wrinkles near the top, but I think that should smooth out in time. I'll be following up with the seller once I finish affixing the passenger seat cover and let him know how it went, hopefully he can update the template for future orders and supply the rest of you who still need it.

The color is noticeably lighter than original but it doesn't look bad or clash with the interior so I'm happy. I'll post more pics of them installed later.