Alternator problem?

A

Anonymous

here is the story.

I just got my car back on the road, after a leaking fuel return line i had replace. So i bring it home and bust out the hose and go nuts washing the body. Like i have done b4 i used some Gunk engine cleaner/detailer and washed out the motor and surrounding components witha gentel stream.
After i started up the car the car was backfiring a bit, so i cleaned out the dizzy cap and wires and it ran fine. Then i took it out on the road and the tailight, battery and handbrake (sometimes ABS) warning lights came on. Now i am just wondering if it might b my alternator. I have a 165 and i checked all the fuses, and everyhthing was fine. and from a certain angle if u look in the alternator it glows a amber glow. its faint but visible.

Any opinions are welcome thanks

RIalltrac

when all those lights come on it means the alternator isnt producing the proper charge. Take the car to autozone or something similar and get the alternator checked out.

Toxygene

hmmmmmm

I did the same thing a few weeks after buying my AT and my Alternator is dead too. I guess they don't like water all that much.

I've looked on the posts for a more powerful alternator and unfortunately nobodies posted the name of a business yet. I always seem to need as much power as possible. I tend to run everything at the same time. A/C, lights, radio, fog lights, cellphone charger, satalite link to nasa.....

Anyone know about a good reliable company in Los Angeles that will rebuild and upgrade the alternator?

Hey, you could have what happened to me, my radiator top cracked,
leaked and blew water onto my altenator and took it out, LOL. So I
had to drive it back from a car meet on battery power and slow to keep
it from overheating :cry:

And yes its your altenator or the wiring to it.