New Issue- Draw in Ignition??

SuperWhite92

Alright, today I got up and tried to start my car (1992 ST185) and it was dead. So dead the starter didn't even try to turn over. It just clicked.

This is the first time it has ever done this since I replaced both the battery and alternator.

Neither the Battery or Brake Light comes on, even when I start the car (using a jump, of course).

The reason that I think it is the ignition is because even with the keys out of the ignition, and the door open, it makes the dinging noise as if the keys were still inside the ignition. It did this before I ever got the car to start.

I have an old HKS Turbo Timer that has been installed in the car since well before I got it, and I have an aftermarket HU that I put into the car about a year ago, but recently regrounded the ground to, as well as hooked up the AUX out ports to my Nomad Jukebox.

Any Ideas of what to check for? Tomorrow, I'm gonna pull the HU and rewire the entire harness using solder instead of crimps, and I already checked to make sure nothing strange happened with the TT Harness.

Suppose It's possible that the ignition wire behind the HU is grounding itself somewhere? my HU still works fine and operates normally.

Sorry for the short and numerous paragraphs, it seems that people understand me better and can isolate individual ideas and questions better. Better than no paragraphs, right?

A

Anonymous

SuperWhite92":2ng77mne said:
Alright, today I got up and tried to start my car (1992 ST185) and it was dead. So dead the starter didn't even try to turn over. It just clicked.

This is the first time it has ever done this since I replaced both the battery and alternator.

Neither the Battery or Brake Light comes on, even when I start the car (using a jump, of course).

The reason that I think it is the ignition is because even with the keys out of the ignition, and the door open, it makes the dinging noise as if the keys were still inside the ignition. It did this before I ever got the car to start.

I have an old HKS Turbo Timer that has been installed in the car since well before I got it, and I have an aftermarket HU that I put into the car about a year ago, but recently regrounded the ground to, as well as hooked up the AUX out ports to my Nomad Jukebox.

Any Ideas of what to check for? Tomorrow, I'm gonna pull the HU and rewire the entire harness using solder instead of crimps, and I already checked to make sure nothing strange happened with the TT Harness.

Suppose It's possible that the ignition wire behind the HU is grounding itself somewhere? my HU still works fine and operates normally.

Sorry for the short and numerous paragraphs, it seems that people understand me better and can isolate individual ideas and questions better. Better than no paragraphs, right?

Check those fuses and grounds! Do you have a multimeter? Great investment. Seems like this problem may have worn down your other battery? Make sure the battery's ground is good too, not likely to be the cause but anything is possible.

Good luck.

SuperWhite92

sorry. got this all figured out a few days ago. after the first day, the dinging noise went away and it started right up. after that, it preceeded to get worse and worse until the car would no longer start. I checked grounds and relays and it turns out one of the starter solenoids (i think) went out.

In any case, replacing the starter fixed the issue.