st165 window wiring diagram.

A

Anonymous

need some help with the wiring for the power windows in an st165. my p/s window wont go up but does go down. does anyone have the wiring diagram of the power windows... thanks :doh:

Rick89GTS

Anonymous":3mkaveab said:
...my p/s window won't go up but does go down. Does anyone have the wiring diagram of the power windows...
My experience when this happens is that it's the window switch, not the wiring. Get another p/s window switch and you should be good to go.

903SGTE

i took apart the p/s window switch and cleaned all contacts and it all looks good but the window wont go up. if i put power to the motor it works up and down. could it be the d/s switch causing the p/s switch to not get power? i checked out that link but i cant find the actaul wiring diagrams??thanks guys.
oh, sorry, when i posted the question i didnt relize i wasent logged in!! :twisted:

Rick89GTS

903SGTE":nekslkv7 said:
I took apart the p/s window switch and cleaned all contacts and it all looks good but the window won't go up. If I put power to the motor it works up and down. Could it be the d/s switch causing the p/s switch to not get power?....
That tells me it's 99.9% the p/s switch. Test the continuity; a visual won't tell you much in this case. The wiring for this hardly ever goes bad. and the d/s switch shouldn't affect the p/s switch.

903SGTE

thats why im looking for the wiring diag. im trying to see how that swith works so i can check continuity, powers and grounds. the link to the repiar manual dosent give the window wiring... :cry:

daveryan

For what it's worth, I just had both door panels off (ST185) and noticed I couldn't roll up the pass side (using the pass side switch) with the driver side switch unplugged. So the switches are dependent on each other at least on the 185. But if you can control the pass window for the driver's door and your pass side switch checks out, it must be the wiring?

I know there's a fuse or relay panel right where the pass door wiring enters the cabin (again, ST185). Maybe there's a fuse just for the pass side there?

Rick89GTS

From my '88 BGB, enjoy :smokes:
pwmasterswitch.jpg

pwpassswitch.jpg

//Zee-Roh//

I'm having the same problem. My p/s window rolls up, but not down. the switch for the p/s on my d/s can make it go down, but not up. So I have to roll the window down from my side, then the passenger can roll it up! LOL

JFK

Dude, thanks for the link for the PDF file. I sold my BGB a few months ago and now I don't need it!!

JFK