anyone compared a 90-91 TWM short shift to the 92-93 TWM?

SuperWhite92

post meaning the bracket in mounts on? or post meaning the shifter shaft?

The shaft is the same either way. It's primarily the install instructions that differ.

SuperWhite92

After installing both, I'm 90% sure they're the same.
What would make you want the 92 instead of the 90 version? After installing them, they both sit at the same height.

silence

SuperWhite92":ljiuaspa said:
What would make you want the 92 instead of the 90 version? After installing them, they both sit at the same height.

because i can get a 92-93 for cheap...but I have a 90...so i'm wondering if a 92-93 will work on my car.

SuperWhite92

silence":1jtp8gje said:
SuperWhite92":1jtp8gje said:

because i can get a 92-93 for cheap...but I have a 90...so i'm wondering if a 92-93 will work on my car.

I don't see why not. If you need the instructions for the 90-91 shifter install, I have them. When they sent my shifter, they sent both sets of instructions.

daveryan

I seem to remember the two nylon cable bushings that pop onto the stick itself being different sizes and non-interchangable.

I tried putting a 93 stocker in place of my 90 stocker and since I didn't have the 93 bushings (oops!) - it couldn't be done.

The TWM I have requires you to transplant these bushings onto their shifter, so the ball ends that these pop onto would have to be diff sizes for 90-91 and 92-93.

silence

daveryan":43nma6v9 said:
I seem to remember the two nylon cable bushings that pop onto the stick itself being different sizes and non-interchangable.

I tried putting a 93 stocker in place of my 90 stocker and since I didn't have the 93 bushings (oops!) - it couldn't be done.

The TWM I have requires you to transplant these bushings onto their shifter, so the ball ends that these pop onto would have to be diff sizes for 90-91 and 92-93.

that's exactly the info i needed! thanks a bunch!

SuperWhite92

That makes me worry a bit. When I installed a friend's 91 TWM, we used the bushings from my stock 92 shifter, since we cracked one of his trying to get it off. They snapped on and everything.

daveryan

That makes me worry a bit. When I installed a friend's 91 TWM, we used the bushings from my stock 92 shifter, since we cracked one of his trying to get it off. They snapped on and everything.

I don't remember how much different the sizes were, but I do remember it was clearly obvious that the early bushings weren't going on the late stick. Maybe the reverse is possible however... :shrug:

I suppose between us all we could get all the measurements and see which Alltrac has the bigger "balls", but I think I chucked my 93 stocker when I got the TWM - it was free anyway.

TWM Performance

We need to clarify some things here!

The shafts, the shifters themselves are the same. The hardware you need to install this shifter in a 90-91 or a 92-93 is different though.

We send plastic cups with the 92-93 kit because there are two different assemblies for the 92-93 shifter. One in plastic and one in metal. Both have different cup/ball sizes, so we can't re-use the stock plastic cups.

Hope this clarifies a bit!

Jean-Sebastien
TWM Performance
http://www.twmperformance.com/shortshif ... ifters.htm