Definitive System 10 information

Aracheon

Okay - I've been through almost every System 10 thread on the site that I could find, and I still don't have an answer.

The previous owner of my car had a friend attempt an aftermarket stereo / amp install. In the process of doing so, the speaker wires were butchered a little, and when I removed the passenger seat, none of them were connected to the amp.

From what I understand, the stock amp powers EVERY speaker in the car, right? If that's the case, what kind of aftermarket amplifier do I need to be looking for to replace the shitty one that's currently in there? Will an "x 4" one work? If so, which speakers get wired where?

(Keep in mind, this will be a complete aftermarket replacement system.)

A

Anonymous

Hi, i have almost the same problem.
when i baught my car the sound from the rear speakers didn't sound at all.
and when i looked under the passanger seat the amp was missing, but what i understand that amp is powering every speaker in the car.
The amps that suppose to be there is a 4 chanal amp. the problem i have now is to find what cabels is for what speaker.

i would like to find a electrical schema over the 10 speaker system of a Toyota Celica alltrac 1990 (st185).

is it to find on the web?
//dajjen

daveryan

Here's a thread with my setup in a '90 - including a link to the wiring diagrams. Prob the easiest and cheapest way to do a full replacement - head/amp/speakers. The key is the unused plug behind the head unit that connects directly to the mids and tweeters.

I found all the info I needed by searching, but I imagine threads do get deleted.

I believe the '93 is even easier since Metra makes the sys10 harness for it - if you want to keep the amp that is.