voltmeter and oil pressure install

For everything related to the inside of the car!!

voltmeter and oil pressure install

Postby maroon_185 » Fri Sep 10, 2004 3:10 am

Ok So my car came with a oil pressure and volt meter a-pillar gauges very nice, thing is none of them are hooked up, and there is no sender unit for the electric oil pressure gauge.

My questions is where is a 12V source under the hood for the voltmeter since the wire is already just dangling around inside of the bay( I have it taped up and secured) and I would like to avoid rewireing it back into the cabin if I don't have to?

Also is there anyway to hook the oil pressure sensor up without the sender unit, maybe possibly through the idiot light sensor that comes stock? I doubt it but I thought I might ask.
Members don't see the above ad. Register now - it's free!
Chris Fowler
1990 maroon 185 (rc swapped)
1991 red mr2 (3s swap coming soon) Dads

maroon_185
Club Member

Postby alltracman78 » Fri Sep 10, 2004 3:21 pm

As far as the voltmeter goes, open up the bottom of the fuse box, there are plenty of sources there. Just make sure it's ig on.
The oil press g reads a certain voltage from the sender, unless you use a source that sends the same voltage, you will get a wrong reading. Also, if I'm not mistaken, the stock press sender is the on/off type, and won't work with a gauge.
alltracman78
GTFour God

Postby maroon_185 » Sun Sep 12, 2004 1:02 am

thanx for the answer, Thats what I thought about the Oil pressure but I thought I might as well ask.
Chris Fowler
1990 maroon 185 (rc swapped)
1991 red mr2 (3s swap coming soon) Dads

maroon_185
Club Member

Return to Audio / Wiring / Interior