rx8 and Dodge Ram - only saw them in my rear view

jotarokun

So my buddy just bought his rx8. Another one of our friends has a large Dodge Ram truck (Hemi, all wheel drive, yadda yadda...). He wanted to race me - see what the turn out would be. My buddy with the rx8 is ALWAYS coaxing me to race and run the mountains. Last night, They wanted to street race. Just from one stop light to another, for 2 stop lights. We were standing in front of a coffee shop at around 1:00am. I had work the next morning (today). After hearing enough, I finally said "let me warm her up".

We got to the stop light. Revved. Green. We went off - and they never passed me till I let off the gas. SUCH a good feeling. We tried again at the next light. Same thing. I used to really suck at launching, but I guess I've finally improved.

I guess I'll hear less about them wanting to race me, or I won't hear the end of it till I race them again.

It just made me love my car again so much.

jotarokun

klue":ona7ostr said:
gutted DP, straight intake, advanced timing by 4 degrees, 7th gen gt-s spark plugs.

We raced again a week ago (rx8). We did a 3rd gear rolling start - we were right next to eachother all the way to 125 mph.

Refyused

Impressive, cause I know first hand how quick those RX-8's are. 160 in 4th gear, yeah. Old service manager where I used to work had one.

d1alltrac

i test drove an rx8 a month or so back, i was impressed with how smooth the shifter was and the overall balanced feel but i had a quick sprint to 90 and it was decent but somehow didnt seem very fast.....i completely blame that on the 400awhp evo i test drove first though. :p

i actually really liked the rx8, they are nice cars and with the mazdaspeed body kit and some nice 5 spoke wheels they look great....ill probably get one some day.