evo8 vs st205 vs sti

Road race, Auto X, or the Drag Strip

Postby Guest » Thu Oct 14, 2004 11:51 pm

we are comparing the standard off the production line st205 gt4, evo8 and wrx sti.

what i said was the st205 is no longer competitive (ie at present, not when toyota was dsq) in group N (production car) rallying because cars like the evo 8 and wrx have come around. if the st205s where still competitive then people would still be using them.

down here in new zealand the gt4 is the best value for money car that can be brought. an st185 can be picked up for around $5000nz and a st205 can be picked up for $15000nz. the older evo 1-3 and similar aged wrx are $15000+nz and the evo4-6 is still 30000nz.

the other reason i thik the gt4 is a better car to base a project of than the mitsi or subaru is the chassis strength. open the doors on an evo or wrx with the car on the hoist and you will not be able to close them again. my st185 has no problems passing this test.

roger
Members don't see the above ad. Register now - it's free!

Postby alltracman78 » Tue Oct 19, 2004 1:13 pm

Anonymous wrote:open the doors on an evo or wrx with the car on the hoist and you will not be able to close them again. my st185 has no problems passing this test.

roger

Really? That's interesting. So if you support a evo at the jack points the chassis will flex enough that the doors won't close? That seems a bit weak to me. Maybe 'cause of the 4dr instead of 2?
alltracman78
GTFour God

Postby GT4 Addicted » Wed Oct 20, 2004 1:26 pm

just my opinions...

but here in France we have the STI & the evo8 available...

i'm one of the only lucky st205 owner... i've imported it from Italy as the st205 was never sold in france...

i'm a track addict... i mean i practice track days as often as i can... i've allready practised on Magny Cours / Charade/ and so many other well known tracks here in France...

all i can tell you is no matter how more devellopped are the evo 8 or the sti ... the st205 can easily be compared to them... even in stock form...

this car was really in advance compared to the year of made... really...

here are some pics from last month track day:

Jean-Yves
96 red st205
France
GT4 Addicted

Previous

Return to Racing Chat