Into the 12's

A

Anonymous

We had our annual GT Four shootout here in the UK this weekend. Some excellent times posted including mine. 12.809@108.69 at 1.2 bar (2.0 bar run to come in a couple of weeks time at Santa Pod so will hopefully see low 12's)

http://www.gt4oc.net/album_pic.php?pic_id=2011

Nic
JAP ST185

[/img]

A

Anonymous

Mods as follows. Should be able to chop loads more off the time once we can run full 2 bar boost and get her mapped on 102RON. Also gotta make the most out of the flatshifting (takes some getting used to :? ) Hopefully will get chance to install nitrous soon so a little bit more there too. Then bigger turbo to help us see high 10's hopefully. :)

1992 GT4 ST185 Japanese Import
Intake
Blitz Induction Kit
Garrett T04e turbo (trim not known)
Custom 2.75" Stainless mandrel bent tubing
Custom 25x10x2.75 Sard R2D2 Blow-Off valve
Custom 2.5" Stainless Steel intake flange
Enlarged and ported ST205 throttle body

Fuelling
Walbro 255lph fuel pump
FSE Fuel Pressure Regulator
Blitz 850cc injectors
Aquamist Water Injection

Exhaust
TTE Corolla WRC manifold
HKS external wastegate
Custom 3" downpipe
Aussie Exhausts 3" to 2.75" flexi section
Blitz Nur Spec 2.75" exhaust with rear baffle removed
Custom made 'screamer' pipe

Block
ST185 block
Lightened and polished crank
Ross 87.5mm Forged pistons
Eagle H-Beam Con-rods
ACL Duraglide Mains and Big-end bearings
ARP Mains / big-end / and head studs

Cylinder Head
ST205 Cylinder Head ported and polished
Jun 272 Cams
Jun Springs
AEM Tru-Time Adjustable Cam Pulleys
ST205 HKS 1.6 Stopper headgasket

Transmission
ST205 Gearbox
Exedy Twin plate clutch with lightened flywheel
RAZO short shifter
16" OZ five spoke
Pirelli P6000 tyres

Chassis And Suspension
Cusco six point rollcage
GAB Adjustable front brace
TRD Adjustable top mounts
Eibach springs
Full Superflex poly bush kit
KYB Front and Rear Shock absorbers
ST185CS Front Anti-roll bar

Electronics
MOTEC ems with Pro upgrade (Anti-lag / launch control / Flat shift etc)
MOTEC 3 bar map sensor
SPA EGT / Boost gauge

dave

I also had my first run ever at a dragstrip this weekend - with Nic and the club also at York dragway

I got 5 times all between 12.9 and 12.7, terminating between 105 and 108 in my 205 @ 1.0bar - well pleased

For those who are interested it's basically a rebuild forged engine, standard head and cams, 850cc's, FMIC'd, TD06L2'd, all run by a power fc

:)

Nic's car is going to be a beast when it's fully setup - I'm hoping for low 11's from them by next year :) - no pressure Nic LOL

A

Anonymous

Here's a few links that some of the people have already done

NeilB: http://www.batemanfamily.co.uk/gt4/chal ... lenge.html

Grant: http://photobucket.com/albums/v257/dund ... 0Day%2004/

Nice pic of Nic's 185 & I think Melly's 205

Enjoy :)

download.php

dave

Fensport were there too with us, Andy running a 11.2 in his T78 powered 205, and Adrian very similar in the Corolla - who also took many of us out around the track on the Saturday - wow what an experience that was - he only, only? :) ran 1.6bar with a pump gas tune on the GT3040 then, as opposed to 2.5bar on a race gas tune for the Sunday 8)

A

Anonymous

Should also mention Alex Knight who ran a 12.55 with a CT26 at 1.5bar, nice one Alex, and Tony Charles who ran 12.042 with major clutch slippage. Roll on Santa Pod in two weeks time should be some more good times. think Adrian and Andy may both be looking at sub 11's with a little luck.

Good news as well Dave. Had leak-down test on engine today, no probs there, so turbo off tomorrow me thinks. Hopefully get it all sorted intime for a full boost run in two weeks time.

Nic

dave

That's a relief Nic, glad it didn't turn out to be any more serious, that would have been so out of order :(

**BETSY**

i too shall hope to be there , the only st 165!

puled a good time at the pod last week end, 13.4 @ 103mph.
not bad for 1.1 bar on a st 185 turbo running toyota stock ecu, fuel system and ign setup :)

http://andrewmcc.com/japshow/

a vid can be seen here of me beating a R34 Skyline

Kyoto

Excuse my ignorance, but those times seem a little fast considering the mods done. Im not doubting you achieved them, i think i saw the video even, but whats your secret?

A

Anonymous

hey dude..
secret, ignore what others say are restrictions and go ya own route!

my car still has:
stock ecu
TVIS
Stock fuel and ign system
and a few choice mods that make the world of difference.

here is another vid from the other side:
www.gregscomputers.com/Steve.wmv

to my knowledge the run after this wasn't filmed, beat a st 205 and got a better launch and end time of 13.4

Kyoto

Stupid me. I read Kris's site enough, i should have put two and two together! You'd prolly get quite a bit more with a piggback module too. But damn, those times don't lie. Congratulations! :)