SRT-4

Road race, Auto X, or the Drag Strip

Postby TomsGT4 » Fri Jun 16, 2006 10:22 pm

jjpetek wrote:
TomsGT4 wrote:I said "out-corner", not "out-run" in a straight line.

Dude, I really hope you didn't take that seriously.

Oh crap, not anymore.
I thought you were making a straight line power comparison to the AT.
I have to stop reading these threads so fast.

How did that list of muscle cars compare in the quarter mile?
I bet it would be a good race - stock SRT-4 vs. one of them.
They're just hella noisier!!
Members don't see the above ad. Register now - it's free!
Tom
1990 ST185
1990 Corolla SR5
"The best way to predict the future is to invent it"

Postby theUNYTEDone » Mon Jun 19, 2006 2:38 am

too much flaming. boooooo!

i do maintain the mentality that everyone's entitled to their opinion.
the SRT4 is the fastest car under 20K.
stock 15lbs of boost, and it's really easy to turn up.

despite the fact that it's a "neon", the bumper is quite nice (IMO)
maybe you'll even fool some ricers.
i know my "turbo celica" does.
that's all it is to most.
they have no idea there's a "AWD turbo celica"

and maybe comparing some driving characteristics between the two will be like apples/oranges. they just weren't DESiGNED for such things.

yes, i am quite fond of the SRT4. wouldn't mind having one at all.
but wait! before you hate me...AWD still reigns supreme.
Nigel in Hawaii
From Hell and Back
theUNYTEDone
GTFour God

Postby d1alltrac » Mon Jun 19, 2006 3:19 am

saved_1992 wrote:

mopar forever :shock:

:notworthy:

:P
Patrick R.

88 ST165 x2
92 MR2 turbo
02 330i
d1alltrac
Established Member

Postby RafaCalde » Mon Jun 19, 2006 2:27 pm

theUNYTEDone wrote:they have no idea there's a "AWD turbo celica"

this should be a thread all on it's own. how many times have people come up to you and been blown away by a turbo AWD celica?
Rafa

1990 White ST185 w/ Carlos Sainz motor, ecu, and tranny
RafaCalde
Club Member

Postby CMS-GT4 » Mon Jun 19, 2006 2:53 pm

This thread, most likely needs to be in o/t, alltrac owners should not bite alltrac owners.

We have kept this forum peaceful for many years. We are a small community, there are not enough of us for us to raise a hand against thy bretherin. Us alltrac brothers got to stay together.
Coldiron
92 st185 (205 swap) | 03 350Z Track (sold) | 13 Pilot | 17 Mazda3
www.noritoy.com | noritoy.deviantart.com | http://www.alltrac.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=19891
CMS-GT4
GTSilver Member

1992 Toyota Celica

Postby theUNYTEDone » Tue Jun 20, 2006 3:52 am

RafaCalde wrote:

this should be a thread all on it's own. how many times have people come up to you and been blown away by a turbo AWD celica?

...what the hell are you talking about?
i was using this as an analogy such as the
neon:SRT4
many people don't realize there's a turbo neon.
Nigel in Hawaii
From Hell and Back
theUNYTEDone
GTFour God

Postby d1alltrac » Tue Jun 20, 2006 5:41 am

everyone knows there is a turbo neon :P they cant even come close to the "its a what?" factor of the alltracs
Patrick R.

88 ST165 x2
92 MR2 turbo
02 330i
d1alltrac
Established Member

Postby theUNYTEDone » Tue Jun 20, 2006 10:11 pm

RafaCalde wrote:

OH OH OH!!!! i get it. i'm going to start a thread like this soon.
"stories of telling people what your GT4 is"
unless someone beats me to it...
sorry about that earlier. thought you were calling my post out of place.
Nigel in Hawaii
From Hell and Back
theUNYTEDone
GTFour God

Postby toayoztan » Wed Jun 21, 2006 6:58 am

theUNYTEDone wrote:
RafaCalde wrote:

OH OH OH!!!! i get it. i'm going to start a thread like this soon.
"stories of telling people what your GT4 is"
unless someone beats me to it...
sorry about that earlier. thought you were calling my post out of place.

There was already a thread like this. Unfortunately, i believe it got deleted in the club chat.

Bryan
2017 Pilot Elite
2014 Juke NISMO RS
1994 Supra TT 6spd
1993 Alltrac - http://www.alltrac.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=37466
1977 Celica GT Liftback
2015 Grom
1977 GL1000
toayoztan
GTFour God

1993 Toyota Celica

Postby muneo » Mon Jul 10, 2006 6:57 pm

Yeah there was a thread. It got to be pretty long too.

The topic was about stupid things that were said or asked about your alltrac. There were some really good ones
Ex-185 Owner
muneo
Established Member

Postby omnivore » Tue Jul 11, 2006 5:47 am

I girl from Toronto I know, Dana Young, has a new 05 blue SRT4. We had a FWD Mopar drag day at St Thomas last August, and I was staged next to her. I couldn't believe how fast her car went, bone stock, on street tires, 2 weeks old.

My 13.12 @ 105 MPH, to her 13.70 @ 102 MPH....pretty fast for a stock, under warranty 4 banger with AC!

After the launch, when I got the jump on her, she remained less than a car length behing the entire length of the track-she was so close I could see her in my peripheral vision when I looked up at the EGT's.
Dodge Omni
13.1 @ 105.8 MPH
omnivore

Postby theUNYTEDone » Wed Jul 12, 2006 1:56 am

omnivore wrote:I girl from Toronto I know, Dana Young, has a new 05 blue SRT4. We had a FWD Mopar drag day at St Thomas last August, and I was staged next to her. I couldn't believe how fast her car went, bone stock, on street tires, 2 weeks old.

My 13.12 @ 105 MPH, to her 13.70 @ 102 MPH....pretty fast for a stock, under warranty 4 banger with AC!

After the launch, when I got the jump on her, she remained less than a car length behing the entire length of the track-she was so close I could see her in my peripheral vision when I looked up at the EGT's.

that's about right, for an SRT4. my friend layed down some low-mid 14's here, and in hawaii, the times are consistantly about half a second slower than the maindland. i suppose i'd blame it on track condition. low funds. tracks closed now, too. lame. just after i bought my car. haha.
Nigel in Hawaii
From Hell and Back
theUNYTEDone
GTFour God

Postby SuperWhite92 » Wed Jul 12, 2006 3:39 am

theUNYTEDone wrote:
omnivore wrote:I girl from Toronto I know, Dana Young, has a new 05 blue SRT4. We had a FWD Mopar drag day at St Thomas last August, and I was staged next to her. I couldn't believe how fast her car went, bone stock, on street tires, 2 weeks old.

that's about right, for an SRT4. my friend layed down some low-mid 14's here, and in hawaii, the times are consistantly about half a second slower than the maindland. i suppose i'd blame it on track condition. low funds. tracks closed now, too. lame. just after i bought my car. haha.

Only one track on the islands?
Shaun
My 1992 Alltrac is for sale again.
SuperWhite92
GTFour God

Postby theUNYTEDone » Wed Jul 12, 2006 5:49 am

SuperWhite92 wrote:
theUNYTEDone wrote:

unless you're on the street. :evil: but yeah, there was only one officially (hawaii raceway park) and that closed down because their lease was up (for the 4th time or something like that)...there've been lots of people looking to get it up and running again, though. *crosses fingers emoticon).
Nigel in Hawaii
From Hell and Back
theUNYTEDone
GTFour God

Postby SuperWhite92 » Wed Jul 12, 2006 5:54 am

theUNYTEDone wrote:
SuperWhite92 wrote:
theUNYTEDone wrote:

unless you're on the street. :evil: but yeah, there was only one officially (hawaii raceway park) and that closed down because their lease was up (for the 4th time or something like that)...there've been lots of people looking to get it up and running again, though. *crosses fingers emoticon).

That's terrible. After street racing incidents double, I'm sure the local government will lend a hand.
Shaun
My 1992 Alltrac is for sale again.
SuperWhite92
GTFour God

PreviousNext

Return to Racing Chat