New 1/4 mile times for my alltrac

vip09

I was shooting for 14.0 or better on stock ecu/stock fuel system. I ended up with 13.92 @ 98.9 MPH. This was at 12psi boost.

n51204144_30299829_9557.jpg

CMS-GT4

Pretty good time for stock fuel.

What all you have done to it? I am guessing your a pretty good drive.

vip09

Greddy TD06L2 20G Turbo kit w/ external wastegate, tubular exhaust manifold and 3" downpipe.
Block bored .040 over with wiseco 9:1 pistons and eagle rods and machined/polished crank
Stock head/cams
Stock airbox
Stock fuel system
Stock ECU

vip09

Is that time normal for my modifications? I have had some people telling me that I should be running faster than that. But I was thinking it was decent for 12psi on the 20G.

Also, I'm running an open downpipe with no exhaust at the moment. Does that make me lose any power?

Razzo

vip09":2f187e03 said:
Is that time normal for my modifications? I have had some people telling me that I should be running faster than that. But I was thinking it was decent for 12psi on the 20G.

Also, I'm running an open downpipe with no exhaust at the moment. Does that make me lose any power?

Sounds about right to me. And with the downpipe open like that, your getting the most out of that 12psi possible, if any it will make you faster

vip09

Well I do have a 47mm external wastegate, so it's not like i'd have to worry about boost creep anyway.. heh.

vip09

TomsGT4":1j6jh53c said:
Don't forget to change your sig!
Nice time.

Thanks. Actually I ran the 14.7 in my '01 GT-S back when I was bone stock. I have a standalone EMS on it along with an intake and unbolted exhaust currently. Good for high 13's/low 14's.. so it's about equal to my alltrac right now.

RafaCalde

does anyone think i can get mid 14's with stock turbo, boosting 15 lbs, 550 injectors and fuel pump, using an AFC to tune it. i'm also planning on putting on my carlos sainz IC.

EVcelica

I think if you got a better air filter it would make a decent difference, but those are good times.

Also mid 14's are possible with a good launch.

SuperWhite92

RafaCalde":24b1v3up said:
does anyone think i can get mid 14's with stock turbo, boosting 15 lbs, 550 injectors and fuel pump, using an AFC to tune it. i'm also planning on putting on my carlos sainz IC.

Yeah, although be carefut with the AFC. Our Jetronic and AFC's tend not to get along very well.

With that said, I'll let you know I ran a 14.6 at high altitude (slower than sea level) with an upgraded CT26 46 trim, a 2.5" downpipe, and a boost controller set to 14psi. Even with a crappy launch.

EVcelica":24b1v3up said:
I think if you got a better air filter it would make a decent difference, but those are good times.

Air filters are almost worthless for power as long as whatever is in there isn't dirty. In fact, after a few hundred miles, even paper filters outflow K&N's

EVcelica

I'm talking about a whole intake system, not just a panel filter but one of our "straight intake" systems.
Talking about dirty filters reminds me that I need to wash mine.

RafaCalde

SuperWhite92":3ohes83o said:
RafaCalde":3ohes83o said:

Yeah, although be carefut with the AFC. Our Jetronic and AFC's tend not to get along very well.

why is that?

SuperWhite92

RafaCalde":dmif8sfs said:
SuperWhite92":dmif8sfs said:
RafaCalde":dmif8sfs said:

why is that?

When tuning with an AFC and removing fuel (Adding is okay), the ECU will say "Hey look, less fuel=less load" and will advance the timing maps. As a result you get a lot of air without enough fuel, which equals a new motor.