Does my 1/4 mile time and Hp seem right???

Sleeka_89

sleeper":de845j1c said:
178km\h is not 106.8mph... it`s 111,4mph...

(111,4x1.6= 178km\h
1km/hr = 0.621371192mph (to get 178km/hr mutiply both sides by 178)
so 178km/hr = 110.6040 mph :D

if you just times 178 by .6 then you get your 106.8mph, but rounding only to .6 gives an inaccurate answer

Well at least you were right about the extra 4 mph that i needed :)

billprice

OR you can use the ET method.........

hp=weight/(ET/5.825)raised to the third power............

Plugging those numbers in, we get 268 hp.

billprice

Mafix":2ezwx00s said:
wow that didn't work at all for me. i got some rediculous low number...lol.

Works for me..........did you forget to raise the product of the division of the ET by 5.825 to the third power before you divided that number into the weight? i.e. 13/5.825=2.231759656, this number cubed is 11.11583949 THEN you divide the weight (I forget the number, but 2975 sticks in my head) by this number............
2795/11.11583949=276.6361063

billprice

Thanks...........it really applies to the topic "highest speed in your All-Trac" though. I remember doing it well. Some people say that I photo shopped it, but it's real. There is even a video taken with a friend in the car somwhere on alltrac.net (probably in this forum) that shows me running from about 80mph up to 160 with an engine missing out badly(fouled spark plugs), before I ran up traffic's ass and had to stop.

jonstew

billprice":hk9iw0r0 said:
Thanks...........it really applies to the topic "highest speed in your All-Trac" though. I remember doing it well. Some people say that I photo shopped it, but it's real. There is even a video taken with a friend in the car somwhere on alltrac.net (probably in this forum) that shows me running from about 80mph up to 160 with an engine missing out badly(fouled spark plugs), before I ran up traffic's ass and had to stop.

Here you go Bill.

http://media.putfile.com/billvid

billprice

It was really no problem. If you are the proud owner of an All-Trac, you will realize there is a "shelf" to sit the camera on pointing right at the speedometer, and that is right on top of the air bag. All you have to do is take a couple of pictures while sitting still so you get the distance correct, sit the camera right there, shift to fifth gear, hammer it, wait until the right moment, click the button. No problem. Oh............BTW............thanks Jon, for the link! I should have known you would be watching out for me since you are the new owner!