***UPDATE***Ran a 13.5 @102 mph!!***VIDEO***

silence

I went to moroso last night, and my best time was a 14.1 at 96.52 mph. I have room for improvement because my 60' was 1.93. If i can get that down to 1.8 or 1.7 i think i can run high 13s. THis is all at 15lbs of boost with a ct27 and supporting mods.... Overall i'm pretty happy.

What other 60' times have you all seen run with an alltrac?

silence

omgitsroy326":2t0j75ff said:
what are supporting mods?
Built motor CP pistons ARP everything
TRD head gasket
Removed-ported TVIS
ATS high pressure fuel regulator with walboro 255 pump and stock 440s
CT27 with ATS ROM tuned to run 17psi (i was only running 15psi)
Custom front mount with straight intake.
Clutch masters stage 3 with fidanza lightweight flywheel
Aussie d-pipe and midpipe with hks 2.5 rear section.
No ABS Airbag or AC. Full interior.

omgitsroy326

torque?

it just seems that you should be hittin way better numbers...

your 60' is good... iono... seems like you're losin power in the middle.. i'm not doubin your drivin skills.. jus seems like you should have more juice with those mods

especiall ct27 +rom tune

silence

Honestly I had trouble with bogging on the launch. My best run was the last run of the night. I'm pretty confident i can get a 1.8 60' which should put me in the 13.8 range. My air fuel was at 10.6 at WOT, so I am also able to safely raise the boost another 2psi which could give me mid to low 13's. We'll see.
The car has power, i just need to work on launching it. Its quicker than a stock STi from a 60mph roll

Klas

Nice run, but I think you can hit high 12 pretty easy with you mods (simular to my car).
I launch at 6000 rpm Meet up the trottle fast with the cluch but do not "side step" the clutch.
And if you can run on let say 102 octan fuel and advance the timing a few degrees, you will be running high12s. I´m positive!

Nice work!

silence

omgitsroy326":27ufipdn said:
yea.. with those mod.. i was thinkin low 13 / high 12
yeah that would be nice...but it was my first time at the track...in any car. I usually stick to autox and track days.

With more practice, i should be in the 13s...12s is a strech

KLAS
BTW What does it mean to side step the clutch?

Klas

Having the clutch pressed down then just move you foot to the side of the pedal. that´s side step. do not do this, that´s bad for the drivetrain and couses the engine to stall at the launch. Just practise will help. practice allot! I´s all about timing. release the clutch at an even pase, quick but do not "side step". hard to explane but you will get the hang of it. Hope you understand what I´ve writhen. My english aint the best.

GT4times2

Jose,
You should have told us. Long time no hear. Pretty decent run btw. Let's try to go in December when it's cooler, and see what times you get. I was there 2 Fridays ago. Let me know when you're going again. Gary, are you up for it?

silence

Frantz:
Its Carlos btw :wink:

I'll let you guys know the next time I head up that way! Im hoping i'll be in the 13s.

Do either of you know of a place where i can get my rear diff oil changed, and one of my driveshaft U joints replaced?

Gary:
How was the Miami auto show? I was not able to make it down:( I had a visitor from out of state.

GT4times2

Im sorry, why did I write Jose, when I was thinking Carlos? :doh: I apologize.

I will check for you. I know of a shop that handles that. I think it's the Driveshaft shop in Ft Lauderdale. I will ask and get accurate info, and relay it to you. I will ask my friend. You can also check out the guy that did my swap. He's at ease with Alltracs and MR2s, owned a few himself. He's also affordable. Let me know which way you want to go with that.

silence

No worries,
Im open to either go to a shop, or let your buddy do it since you say he can handle it. If you could give me the contact info for both, id really appreciate it.
thanks

Gary

The show was nice. I had a chance to sit in an Elise and ride in a new Wranger on their offroad tracks and see a 2007 Tundra. Any way, I'm up for the meet in December. It should be nice then.

alltracshoak

Gary":37b9m0m9 said:
The show was nice. I had a chance to sit in an Elise and ride in a new Wranger on their offroad tracks and see a 2007 Tundra. Any way, I'm up for the meet in December. It should be nice then.
OFFTOPIC:
how was the sit in the elise?would it be hard for a 5'2'' asian guy to fit in?.did u get any ride in the elise?

Gary

Nope, I did not get a ride in it. Back in Boston, I followed these cars to a car meet once and they are very quick, especially on twisty roads. I'm about 5'10" and sitting inside the Elise doesn't feel bad at all. Your right shoulder will be right next to your passenger. But you will have to keep your big shoes at home. There is no space for that. The worst part is not sitting in there, but the way you get in and out. You will need a special maneuver and be somewhat flexible.

syko says

Gary":88frj5rt said:
Nope, I did not get a ride in it. Back in Boston, I followed these cars to a car meet once and they are very quick, especially on twisty roads. I'm about 5'10" and sitting inside the Elise doesn't feel bad at all. Your right shoulder will be right next to your passenger. But you will have to keep your big shoes at home. There is no space for that. The worst part is not sitting in there, but the way you get in and out. You will need a special maneuver and be somewhat flexible.

im having difficulty imagining that, could you MSpaint it for me :D haha im kidding. but an elise? i jealous much :roll:

silence

GT4times2":3mk1pwt9 said:
I will check for you. I know of a shop that handles that. I think it's the Driveshaft shop in Ft Lauderdale. I will ask and get accurate info, and relay it to you. I will ask my friend. You can also check out the guy that did my swap. He's at ease with Alltracs and MR2s, owned a few himself. He's also affordable. Let me know which way you want to go with that.

Frantz:
Any news on that shop?
Please let me know.