Opinions

j-gt4specs

Ok so last night I ran against 2 of my friends with integ gsr and I'm unsure of what mods they have but I ran both of them and I lost! This is from a rolling start and complete stop. I have a j.d.m motor with fmic and everything else is stock, boost is at 9 psi I believe. :shrug: Was just embarassed since the car is turbo but considering the weight of the car and all so yeah I dont know! Any opinions of what should be the real outcome of a stock AT vs a GSR?

db

Stock power, with complete stock interior equals a slowish car.

14-15 psi might be more competitive.

Sleeka_89

okay, a stock gt4 is pretty slow even with a jdm motor, but still i would be embarassed. At the end of the day its a 1.8l with vtec max, who cares....
With a decent launch with awd and decent driving you should be in front to atleast 140km/hr. Practise and you should win, if you dont, add some more boost thats wat the turbos for :D Just for some insentive, i beat a mates integra with a 1.8 (non vtec) and a mates crv with a B16A (vtec) both when i was n/a, good luck to them when am turbo :)

alltracshoak

with a fmic on and you're running at 9psi, i think you're not running your car to its full fmic potential. with a fmic, you should run 14 psi.i think with 9 psi, you'll run most likely slower than the tmic.

db

A GSR has what, around 170 hp in a car that weighs at least 500-600 pounds less than us. The power to weight is in their favor, at stock boost.

N/A Hondas don't usually put out a lot of power, but their light weight cars are why they can become pretty fast.

Though, the driver does make a difference too.

jlspec

Stock for stock, GSR and All-Trac should be equal, mybe the GSR might be a bumper ahead. Then again you did say it was a rolling start, that is way you lost. Try him again but race him the right away, at at stop light. I've raced a few GSRs myself and I mostly win, but there are times when we tie or they bet me a little. My mods are just a simple exhaust and filter.

db

J-gt4specs":3ej8mapv said:
This is from a rolling start and complete stop.

He raced from a stop and a rolling start. He lost both times. Honestly, stock vs stock, I'll bet on the GSR either way.

GT4times2

Same here. I say Integra wins. Power to weight, the Alltrac lost. With a few more mods, you have a chance. uncork some Hp, let it flow. Exhaust, DP, intake, mbc, and some other mods...things will start to get fun..

alltracshoak

db":rlxj26pl said:
J-gt4specs":rlxj26pl said:

He raced from a stop and a rolling start. He lost both times. Honestly, stock vs stock, I'll bet on the GSR either way.
i dont know but does "MBC" still consider stock? if it is, ill bet on the alltrac anyday over the gsr. personally, i have killed many gsr and many civic swapped gsr with basic bolt ons.

j-gt4specs

GT4times2":2j7xjwmv said:
Same here. I say Integra wins. Power to weight, the Alltrac lost. With a few more mods, you have a chance. uncork some Hp, let it flow. Exhaust, DP, intake, mbc, and some other mods...things will start to get fun..

Well yea I know but as a student it's difficult since money is slim :x school and all so yea. But yea just seeing what peoples thoughts are on who would win more often between the 2.

alltracshoak

GT4times2":1bvq65oq said:
Stock turbo with MBC is still considered stock imo.
with a mbc, i can smoke any stock gsr out there. back then when i was street racing, i only lost to a civic hatchback swap with a ITR engine. nover lost to a swapped gsr with bolt ons.

Sleeka_89

an integra for a stock n/a car can hold it own against other n/a cars, but i dont think it should/could againt a gt4. Most of the stock integras over here run best of mid to low 15s over the 1/4 and thats the vtec type r's. Can't a gt4 run atleast a 15 flat with simple bolt ons??? i think so...

db

alltracshoak":1dcf1b47 said:
db":1dcf1b47 said:
J-gt4specs":1dcf1b47 said:

i dont know but does "MBC" still consider stock? if it is, ill bet on the alltrac anyday over the gsr. personally, i have killed many gsr and many civic swapped gsr with basic bolt ons.

The original post mentioned 9 psi. That's pretty much stock boost, MBC or not. Also, stock Alltrac's are mid 15's car stock if I remember right.