All Trac turns out not to be as quick as originally thought

toayoztan

The alltrac is heavy, detuned, runs pretty rich, and is i will admit, pretty damn slow for a stock turbo.

So you've done a few mods to help remedy some of the above issues, but you're still missing an good upgrade in my opinion, the downpipe.

I think a downpipe will help you out just a little more, that is a big restriction. A full 3" inch ALL the way through should help you out some.

I haven't ran my car at a track (though i've ran it against other cars that have), and i run somewhere about mid 14's. All i have is an mbc set to ~14psi, full 3inch exhaust, ACT pp/street disc, and a bov (if you even count that as contributing to anything for a better 1/4 mile time). Then again, i got rid of every single emissions part on the car, again, i wouldn't have a clue if that contributes to anything.

Bryan

alltracshoak

alltracs shouldnt be that bad, i ran a 14.8 with nothing but an mbc set at 14psi,act HD pp/modified street disc, and an hks filter. i didnt think it was bad for a stock car with boost.

vip09

Griffin":o9o0dzx6 said:
vip09":o9o0dzx6 said:
Ouch.. those run like low 15's on a good day. :( I barely got beat by a Trans AM WS6 the other day from a roll.

You sure about that? I was under the impression that the current gen V6 eclipse is pretty friggin fast

Ahhh I was thinking 3rd gen eclipse. Yes, 4th gen eclipses will do very low 14's I believe.

1chewabacha1

Griffin":15lnucko said:
Either you are a bad driver or you have something wrong with your car.

I pulled 9.3 in the 1/8th with just the upgraded CT26, a 6 puck clutch and an intercooler fan - otherwise completely stock.

Once I got the catless exhaust and AEM I ran a 9.0 in the 1/8th at only 15PSI, and that was WITH a good 3.5 seconds of clutch slippage in 1st and second (toasted the clutch that run)

After the clutch was replaced with an RPS turbo max, I had the AEM, 264 cams, 3" straight through catless DP MP and exhaust, and FMIC at 30 PSI I was dead even with a 400+ RWHP supra from a roll.

The car is fine and has tons of potential. You need to learn to shift better and fix whatever may be wrong with your car.

In my defense it wasn't me driving the All Trac Celica. I was driving my maxima.

My buddy has the All Trac and the mods are similar to the current All Trac that I'm working on for me (I have a CT26 w/ 60 trim and clipped exhaust side and an Aussie downpipe on top of what he has).

Griffin, I tried to pm you seeing if you would let me in on all your alltrac secrets but you just ignored me..... I was crushed.... and now you scold me? :cry:

You guys do bring up very valid points though. Do I want a sleeper that no one notices until it is pulling away or a sleeper that drops jaws while it's pulling away?

I also got the car too because it is so rare. So, we'll see next summer how it'll be running

Griffin

1chewabacha1":1u51unkc said:
Griffin":1u51unkc said:
Either you are a bad driver or you have something wrong with your car.

I pulled 9.3 in the 1/8th with just the upgraded CT26, a 6 puck clutch and an intercooler fan - otherwise completely stock.

Once I got the catless exhaust and AEM I ran a 9.0 in the 1/8th at only 15PSI, and that was WITH a good 3.5 seconds of clutch slippage in 1st and second (toasted the clutch that run)

After the clutch was replaced with an RPS turbo max, I had the AEM, 264 cams, 3" straight through catless DP MP and exhaust, and FMIC at 30 PSI I was dead even with a 400+ RWHP supra from a roll.

The car is fine and has tons of potential. You need to learn to shift better and fix whatever may be wrong with your car.

In my defense it wasn't me driving the All Trac Celica. I was driving my maxima.

My buddy has the All Trac and the mods are similar to the current All Trac that I'm working on for me (I have a CT26 w/ 60 trim and clipped exhaust side and an Aussie downpipe on top of what he has).

Griffin, I tried to pm you seeing if you would let me in on all your alltrac secrets but you just ignored me..... I was crushed.... and now you scold me? :cry:

You guys do bring up very valid points though. Do I want a sleeper that no one notices until it is pulling away or a sleeper that drops jaws while it's pulling away?

I also got the car too because it is so rare. So, we'll see next summer how it'll be running

I didn't ignore you - I was off the site for a coupe months due to being on some extended assignments with work. I either missed it due to that or cause my inbox was full for a while. I'll be happy to answer any questions you have as best as I can.

Based on my experience with the 60 trim and a front mount, it made a huge jump in power from 22 to 30 PSI. It was fast at 22 PSI, but still in the low 14s, high 13s by my estimate. The problem is I never got to find out how long the thrust washer in the turbo would hold up at 22+ because I blew the motor (speaking of which, get the 850 CC injectors and not the 550s - I learned that one the card way)

I will tell you this - get water injection or race gas in there if you are going to benture above 20 PSI on pump juice - a few extra degrees of advance makes a HUGE difference in power.

If you want a REAL 4 door sleeper you need a Galant VR4, not a Maxima :D

1chewabacha1

hacker_720":1164r0ha said:
Griffin":1164r0ha said:
If you want a REAL 4 door sleeper you need a Galant VR4, not a Maxima :D

Or a CRESSIDA!!!
lol, man somone please put a 5speed 7MGTE or a 1jz/2jz in one PLEASE!!

7MGTE has just been done in MN, Gold Cressida built by my buddy known as marlboro. Not boosting correctly yet though. Only ran a 14 flat. He's building for 12 Flat.

Griffin

theUNYTEDone":2brvgapq said:
how is patrick so awesome with a 2.5 60'?! :notworthy:

Thats whats known as tremendous power meets tremendous wheelspin. 60 foot is all about traction. If Pat hooked up well and didn't crap his driveline he would be in the 9s.

RedCelicaTRD

If I remember right that old time slip was done with 205 wide BFG KDW tires. Fat chance in hell those would hold the power he was putting down.

suprakid95

Mafix":cwxrapdb said:
your's just has issues ATM suprakid.

chew, yours should be in the 13's with those mods, if everything is running right. so i would hit the dyno and see what's going on in there.

not fast enough :roll: