1/4 Mile again... this time with video

Road race, Auto X, or the Drag Strip

Postby SeanGTS » Mon Oct 30, 2006 1:10 am

I would not switch to a mr2 gear box if I were you, it is not optimally geared for the 1/4. The S Series gear boxes are much getter geared for it. You will be ending the run in 3rd gear at a 100, or in 4th gear at about the same.

I went last weekend, 14.3 at 100 was my best. See here: Videos Here

http://www.celicatech.com/forums/showth ... st&t=20843
Members don't see the above ad. Register now - it's free!
Master Swapper
SeanGTS
Club Member

Postby SeanGTS » Mon Oct 30, 2006 1:12 am

Why the burnout with the street tires?
Master Swapper
SeanGTS
Club Member

Postby SeanGTS » Mon Oct 30, 2006 1:12 am

Triple post, any idea what that thing weighs?
Master Swapper
SeanGTS
Club Member

Postby Sleeka_89 » Mon Oct 30, 2006 2:32 am

SeanGTS wrote:Why the burnout with the street tires?

If you just drive through, the water stays on your tyre and it makes a big difference with the launch, especailly with a gearbox like mine. I try and do a burnout just after the water to make sure i've got rid of it all (and it looks cool aswell :D )
Yeah my ratios are pretty much spot on i reckon, im peaking 4th gear over the finish line, but lsd would help me out, but i cant see me doing the swap purely because its too expensive.
From memory i thought these weighed in at 1250kg tare, i think...
A man who shoveled snow for an hour to clear a space for his car during a blizzard in Chicago returned with his vehicle to find a woman had taken the space. Understandably, he shot her.
Sleeka_89
Club Member

Postby Sleeka_89 » Mon Oct 30, 2006 3:15 am

sean checked out those vids, pretty good, always like watching celicas race. So you and a mate both have halftracs?? That would be constant runs everywhere you 2 go:D
A man who shoveled snow for an hour to clear a space for his car during a blizzard in Chicago returned with his vehicle to find a woman had taken the space. Understandably, he shot her.
Sleeka_89
Club Member

Postby SeanGTS » Mon Oct 30, 2006 3:32 am

Yes, quite a few of them in the states here!

If your running street tyres, you dont want to do a burnout. You would be much better off with just a quick "chirp" to clean your tyres off of debris, and keep them cool. Street tires are not designed to be heated and then ran like a slick.

Drive around the water box ;)

Very nice times though, I'm envious.
Master Swapper
SeanGTS
Club Member

Postby SeanGTS » Mon Oct 30, 2006 4:51 am

Yeah, I weighed my car, was just under 3200 with me in it, and a full tank. A lot more then I thought it would be, (me at 220ish).
Master Swapper
SeanGTS
Club Member

Postby Sleeka_89 » Mon Oct 30, 2006 1:05 pm

SeanGTS wrote:Yes, quite a few of them in the states here!

If your running street tyres, you dont want to do a burnout. You would be much better off with just a quick "chirp" to clean your tyres off of debris, and keep them cool. Street tires are not designed to be heated and then ran like a slick.

Drive around the water box ;)

Very nice times though, I'm envious.

Yeah, the only problem is that the waterbox goes all the way across. If i rev it up and drop the clutch to chirp off, most of the time it only spins one wheel which leaves the other wheel wet, which means when i go to launch its going to go to the wheel which it can break traction the easiest which will be the wet one. When i do a biggish burnout i can get 2 wheels to spin and then i'm pretty much guarenteed to have dry tyres. I know what you mean though... :D
Sleeka_89
Club Member

Previous

Return to Racing Chat