Street Kills

This isn't really a kill but its a good story anyway. About a month ago after work at about 10pm I was at the gas station getting gas in my 165 and a SHO pulls in and gets gas. So then I leave and get stopped at a light then I look in my mirror and see him come out of the gas station parking lot sideways spinning the tires. Then he pulls up next to me at the light and starts revving his engine. So then I start to rev on my engine getting ready to launch it and then I start to think. I was two blocks away from the police station in a 25mph zone. I decided it would be really stupid to race this guy and let my rpms drop. The the light turns green he lights his tires up and I got on it a little bit. I was about Half a car length in front of him he was still spinning the tires and a motorcycle cop flips his lights on right behind him. I just kept driving. Im really glad that I decided to not be stupid that night.

BraveUlysses

Haha, I once had a bunch of guys in a SHO try to race me (years ago when I had a slow-ass Audi) and I didn't bite. Sure enough he was pulled over mere moments later for trying to race an Audi (that ran a 21sec 1/4mi). :lol:

gpmarzan

On my way to my sis wedding an 04 eclipse (gs?) was tailing us. My sis bf was behind me with his new/stock mazda 6 because he doesnt know where the place is at. I saw the eclipse was right on his ass so I switched lanes to let him pass. He slowly passed me and got behind him going about 80mph. When he was about 3 cars-lenght in front of me, i noticed that he floored it and so did I keeping it in 5th gear. He was slowly pulling away so I was like "shit." He prob figured my car is just a piece of junk so he went back to a cruising speed. I cought up with him and this time i thought "ok, lets see what happens if I downshift" We were on separate lanes on a 2 lane highway, he was a lil ahead. I downshifted to 4th to let him hear me and I slowed accelerated to get next to him. He took the bite and floored it. Its on now! I stepped on it and was slowly walking away. Shifted to 5th around 105mph and I backed off when we hit 115, though he kept on going and passed me thinking he prob beat me. I dont really care. We were going a lil to fast and I dont really like fooling around at that speed with a passenger next to me. When we got there my sis bf was like "oh man, what was that smoke coming out of your tailpipe?" I said "shit, was it white or black?" he said its black and I said "phew, I thought it was white!"

TomsGT4

Raced an early 90's Mustang Cobra the other day.
I pulled away on him slowly on the straight, took a couple of corners approaching 100mph & shock him off, way off.
He pulls up at the next light & mouths,
"What the fu*k...."

mike325ci

i don't believe in racing in the streets, it's just stupid and a risk i'm not willing to take. what you do is your choice, but anyways, i understand it a little bit, because i do enjoy corners and highway off/on-ramps

i don't intend to lose tailgaters behind me coming off freeway exits, but i always do. no matter what car i'm in. my BMW, my MR2, my celi, hell, even my mum's kia sephia (that thing handles pretty well, actually!). my fav. is exit 37N on the LIE and the hutchinson parkway to cross county parkway ramp in westchester. they always try to "make up" for the "loss" by speeding up past me on the straight after the ramp. that's when i slow down, cos i'm done having fun. i'm like, whatever, anyone can punch the gas and go straight.

A

Anonymous

I pulled up to a 98 Camarro SS....as he peeled out ...I lauched about three cars away....he caught up slowly and kept up about half car until 120mph...the slowed down...he was cool as hell though...he didnt i was that fast..he thought i had a big asss motor....but ehh man four banger only!!!

BraveUlysses

Anonymous":132l1jzy said:
I pulled up to a 98 Camarro SS....as he peeled out ...I lauched about three cars away....he caught up slowly and kept up about half car until 120mph...the slowed down...he was cool as hell though...he didnt i was that fast..he thought i had a big asss motor....but ehh man four banger only!!!

Who are you? Mods? You launched 3 cars ahead or behind him?

daveryan

...because i do enjoy corners and highway off/on-ramps...
Ha! I'm with you man, sometimes I go out of my way to set up a curvy stretch of road so I'm not following anyone - by slowing down or intentionally hitting a red light. The only time I'm speeding on the straights is to get away from people I deem erratic - which is most people. Too many variables on the street to be racing. Anyway, I prefer "driver vs road" as opposed to "driver vs driver" or "car vs car" Guess that's why I'm drawn to rally and rally cars.

...i'm like, whatever, anyone can punch the gas and go straight.
Yup, drag is all about money and hardware, and ranks near the bottom in terms of required driving skill. I can see how a hardcore mechanic would enjoy it though.

1stGenAllTrac

i've found myself doing that on my bike to, i'll do 20 over on the straights and like double the limit or so in the turns and then slow right down again... i know the bike will do 160+ but what's the point?

and in the alltrac i'd rather get it sideways in gravel or snow and abuse it that way rather than abusing it by launching hard. not that i *never* do it mind you ...

C-dubb

Not really a street kill but funny/retarded/slash i almost followed the guy, proceeded to break his window with a tire iron and pull him out and beat him sensless....

Coming Home from college for the weekend i head out on the highway puttin' along at about 80mph...look in the rear view i see a mazda protoge or something just rippin' looked like he was coming at me at about somewhere around 100+mph just ready to cram his front end in my tailpipe, so this guy is in my lane and hes not switchin lanes and im not about to let him hit me , he's a good ways back but still coming, i drop it down and just floor it...(this was when my car actually ran well) full out 16psi on the boost gauge, the cars getting into the mph's, so i'm pulling away from this guy and i dont stop till i hit about 125 and theres a couple semi's ahead so i'm downshifting to slow down this guy finally catches up and reduces his speed a bit but he's still coming at me and he doesnt look like hes stopping even though there is a semi directly next to me and the one about about 50 ft in front of that one. theres a little bit of space beetween me and the cars stacked ahead of me but not much. the guy forces himself beetween me and the semi and i hit the gravel on the shoulder of the highway (what little shoulder there was before the huge ditch) doing about 70 almost lose it but make it back on the highway and now i'm raging pissed...this guy is weaving through traffic and i catch up with him...he's tryin to get away from he but its not happening so i pull up next to him at about 105mph and just stare at him, he wont look at me , so i just hang my F**K you finger out the window and drive off and make sure he sees it. He's lucky i didn't follow him i would have put him in a coma. scrauny mother BLAH im pissed just thinking about it.

Mafix

damn i know how that goes. and yeah very angry feeling. hell i got the feeling just reading that.

And DRAG really isn't as easy as it seems :shoots: . there are a lot of variables and setups and it's not all about money. that's why they split up the classes. i don't mean to go on a rant but i'm sure there are as many if not more variables in rally that i wouldn't think of. True drag racing requires a very fine tuned vehicle and driver all hell bent on one pass. that's the beauty of it. you have one friggin chance to play more or go home. unlike rally where they have stages, or autoX where they have laps. but just my opinion. hope i didn't offend anyone. :shrug:

muneo

..actually this was my first street race in this car...

I raced some kind of mid-90's camaro. It sounded like a Z28 but it could have just been a V6 with an open exhust and mods.
We were both inchin up on a stop light waiting for it to turn green. When it finally did turn we both rolled out but neither of us change gear. I knew where this was going so when I heard him floor it, I was ready. I slowly pulled away in 2nd and was a car length ahead after third. Thats when I decided to slow down. Of course, not admitting defeat he speeds right past me. Thats when I notice the neon , the stickers, and the 2 plasma screens glowing inside his car. I noticed that the light ahead of us was turning red but the pu@#y ran the red just to avoid another stand off.

Razzo

had a good kill last night, going out with a couple of friends. And a huge truck comes up to me, ford f-150 svt. had no idea how fast it was, but it was fast, so hes flying down the road, so i decided to catch up to him, i'm sitting in 4 at like 4000rpms drop into 3rd and get ready the guys looks at me and starts laughing, he pins it, i drop the pedal and i pulled ahead of him and stayed ahead the whole time. I thought it was just a normal 300 hp truck, but i did hear a supercharger. to my surprise i go home and there like 500 hp, i was actually quite amazed. Later that night to i ran into a m3, i think the only reason i beat him was becuase it was raining during that moment, but still he tried to get away but he couldn't :D

A

Anonymous

no, chances are that m3 was serious and would have no chance in the rain or dry pavement. They are pretty slow cars compared to ours :)

d1alltrac

Anonymous":1tyhbuqu said:
no, chances are that m3 was serious and would have no chance in the rain or dry pavement. They are pretty slow cars compared to ours :)

umm, no they arent....E46 M3's run 13.3 stock and E36 M3's run 14.0 stock, itll take a good amount of mods to get to the level of E46 M3's. ive driven many and they definately arent slow...E30 M3's at 15.4 are pretty close to alltracs stock for stock but they weren't meant to be fast in a straight line.

im sorry but im a bimmer guy (second to being a yota man of course) so i have to defend the ///M name here

klue

I agree, having driven around 3 m3's 2002 up, and a M540, they are quick cars, easly take down my lightly modded trac

Razzo

well i can defiantlly tell you, m3 are slow, for 333 horsepower.....Slow....i had a car of full seats and i caught up to the bastard and past him. I heard his engine in high 3rd. He was giving her and he know it. Shitty driver...thats all i have to say :D

TomsGT4

Razzo":27t3inyo said:
well i can defiantlly tell you, m3 are slow, for 333 horsepower.....Slow....i had a car of full seats and i caught up to the bastard and past him. I heard his engine in high 3rd. He was giving her and he know it. Shitty driver...thats all i have to say :D

I'm sorry, who are you & what mods do you have???

muneo

My brother has an M Roadster w/ the 315HP motor and its fast as hell. It seriously feels just as strong as my other friends STI. Theres no way my alltrac can keep up with it especially on the freeway. You must have one fast st185 if you can beat it, let alone keep up with it.

RedCelicaTRD

M3's arnt that fast around town it seems. I've gone neck and neck with one while I was at 9lbs on a dying turbo (this is also at a somewhat high elevation). However, one on the freeway at high speeds he would kick my ass.