Street Kills

Road race, Auto X, or the Drag Strip

Postby TomsGT4 » Mon Aug 22, 2005 11:38 pm

Razzo wrote:14.2..as soo as i can find someone with a scanner i will post the slip

Nice...
I'm trying to break into the 13s myself :D
Welcome to the board by the way.
Members don't see the above ad. Register now - it's free!
Tom
1990 ST185
1990 Corolla SR5
"The best way to predict the future is to invent it"

Postby Razzo » Tue Aug 23, 2005 2:23 am

TomsGT4 wrote:
Razzo wrote:14.2..as soo as i can find someone with a scanner i will post the slip

Nice...
I'm trying to break into the 13s myself :D
Welcome to the board by the way.

Thank you sir. Well i'm hoping i will be in the mid 13's by the end of the summer. Considering it was the first time i was at the drag strip. I found out i had a couple problems with my downpipe and it was striped before the track, i was pretty much stock. And the intake is pretty restrictive at the moment, its not a straight intake pipe i just added a afm so i don't think its really working to its full potential.i did have the boost cranked...and running 12...and during my run i did hit fuel cut...but near the end. But i hope to be in the 13s withing a month or some, probally before winter. Also i think a shortshifters gonna help. I've been getting the grinding 3rd, so hopefully the shifter and sycromesh gear oils gonna help out. But i did go in the autoX and did place second, next to a fucken loaded sti (damn sponsers).
Razzo
Club Member

Postby Mafix » Tue Aug 23, 2005 9:23 pm

oh 13's are nice. that'll kill a lot of things on the street. oh and i got a new one yesterday...buddy of mine. 90 crx si w/ jdm b16 swap intake/full exhaust/chipped. i beat him by at least 2 or 3 cars. it was funny he got so mad. especially when i used 2 gears and he went through 4. (started from a slight roll)
Mafix
Gold Member

Postby rightrac » Tue Aug 23, 2005 11:20 pm

just curious... what do you run?
rightrac
Established Member

Postby erolit » Mon Sep 19, 2005 4:01 pm

Kills through twisties:

5+ 180sx's
1 Audi S3
1 Alfa Hatch
4+ skylines
1 Porsche boxter (in the wet)
3+ WRX's
2 Honda Integras (1 type R, 1 older VRir or type r)

For a virtually stock alltrac, these things have a remarkable ability to be pushed to their absolute limit and beat cars that should be a lot faster than them. On twisty roads, there are only two cars that i have raced against and lost too, those being a 1994 honda integra and an oldschool race spec turbocharged Lancia Beta (FWD too :P). And in the wet if you know what you are doing you can destroy just about anything.

Elliott
1991 Aus-Delivered ST185

3s-gte@13psi
2.5" Turbo back exahust
Coolingmist water injection
ATS CT27
erolit
Club Member

Postby Red Rabbit » Sat Oct 01, 2005 3:39 pm

This happened a couple months ago in my 92 GT but its still hilarious. I was driving home aroung 11p.m. and this guy pulled up next to me and started making fun of my car and s**t, started saying how he could smoke me and everything. Funny thing was he was a guy and he was driving a hot pink 2 door hatch HYUNDAI ACCENT with MINNIE MOUSEjavascript:emoticon(':lol:')
Laughing on the side. The light goes green and i leave his ass right off the line. At one point ive got about 3 car lengths when i hear him hit his nitrous. Even then he cant catch me. at the next stop light he looks pissed. Next thing i know is the light turns green and he guns it and his engine just blows right there. Turns out he never let off of the nitrous button. :lol: also my car is all stock except for an intake and exhaust
Red Rabbit
Club Member

Postby Kyoto » Wed Jun 14, 2006 8:00 pm

Nissan Stagea (RB25 DET) exhaust, boost, pod --> freeway str8 accellaration

ScoobyDoo MY99 STi (EJ20T) --> same conditions as above. I have no doubt i would have been owned in the twisties by this thing though...
Tim // Melbourne, Australia

1986 ST165. 152,000km on chassis
ST205 WRC engine / IC system / rear LSD with 82,000km
Blitz K1-380V
Apexi Power FC
Aussie 3" dump pipe to 3" catback system
TWM short shifter.
Whiteline front strut brace
Kyoto
Club Member

Postby Shortbus » Mon Jun 19, 2006 3:12 pm

haven't had any kills in my st165 yet becuase it's not running very well yet but I had a few with my wrx with a vf22 and supporting mods (300 hp at the wheels)

Sitting at a light a ws6 trans am passes threw and revs at me as he turns the direction I'm about to head. Light turns green and i see him waiting in the shoulder for me... We rolled up to the next light and it was on. He spun tires like crazy as I pulled away. He caught up but never passed me.

Once had a 911 turbo in front of me and he suddenly took off so I dropped a gear and got right on his ass and passed him on the right... AS I rolled passed I noticed its an old 60's ish man and his wife... Gave him a tumbs up later at the next light.

Hopefuly I get my alltrac built soon because I really miss pullin on people who dont see it coming. And I just miss the feeling of the boost kickin in.
Shortbus
Club Member

Postby hacker_720 » Wed Jun 21, 2006 6:05 pm

I passes a corvett on a left hand turn off the lights, I was behind him at the light. He gunnes it and I went around him and pulled back into the inside lane infront of him just as we cleared the intersection. Then I took off over the hill, he just gave up.
hacker_720
Established Member

Postby Maloy » Wed Jun 21, 2006 11:24 pm

what kind of corvette, im envisioning a C4
88 white st165 (stripped down on jack stands)
86 AE86 corolla gt-s coupe
Maloy
Club Member

Postby hacker_720 » Mon Jul 10, 2006 4:02 pm

nothing special, just a vet.
hacker_720
Established Member

Postby hacker_720 » Mon Jul 10, 2006 4:03 pm

don't get my wrong, I'm not knoking vets.
hacker_720
Established Member

Postby Maloy » Mon Jul 10, 2006 4:19 pm

hacker_720 wrote:nothing special, just a vet.

Well most 80s vettes have less hp or the same hp then an all-trac, so a vet is not a vet.
88 white st165 (stripped down on jack stands)
86 AE86 corolla gt-s coupe
Maloy
Club Member

Postby omnivore » Tue Jul 11, 2006 5:49 am

Is this only AT kills?LOL
HAHA..I am just being a smartass. :lol:
Dodge Omni
13.1 @ 105.8 MPH
omnivore

Postby GripJackal » Wed Jul 12, 2006 11:30 pm

Ah yes, street-racin.

Ever since I started learning to drive, I've spent time up in the canyons in my neighborhood, a nice little 3 mile jaunt with lots of sweeper turns.
I had to leave town to head to College up north but I went back last week. Now armed with my 'Trac I decided to revisit the canyons I'd grown up with.

In addition to improving my overal average speed, I had the awesome opportunity to show up a few locals.

As my good friend/co-pilot were slowly coming down the hill (slow, there was a stop sign) I notice a late 90's-early 00's mustang in a parking area, starting to pull out. I coasted down the hill, and as I passed them, put the clutch in and revved it.

I think that in a 185, the hood is absolutley rice-tacular. I love it, it's great bait. So these kids in their mustang (convertible top down, four people in car) start to follow me. I Dropped it in second and shot off down the canyon at a relatively decent clip. making sure to stay in my lane as there's allways somebody else comin' up the other way. I allready started to pull away in the first corner, and then squealed my tires on the center paint-line. This made me seem far more badass than I was, but I put that mustang away, they gave up by the third turn. I figure that because they were almost 10 seconds behind me as I wated at the canyon's exit. (either they gave up, or the mustang is even shittier than I thought)

not really a true kill, per se.
but it was my first, and it felt good.
I am the luckiest man in the world.
GripJackal
Club Member

PreviousNext

Return to Racing Chat