Post your quarter mile times here!

lumbercis

^CP,
Do you have the full specs on your car on the site somewhere? Was this with stock internals? Very nice time for a full weight car.

J.

CodingParadox

My site's down at the moment with the specs. Stock JDM longblock, manifolds, etc. Just SB46 kit. Totally stock VE though. 880 injectors and nemesis EMS.

Edit: Didn't bother keeping the timeslip. Was just curious what time I could run on that setup, and found out, first run, having not dragged in over a year. =) Probably a bunch of time to shave off that, I bogged out on launch.

sleeper

12.8-113.5mph with a slipping clutch ( had to lett off the trottle serveral times to get it to grip again..) and a cracked block after 320-330m.... ( went off the trottle when it blew and just rolld to the 402 mark..)

sleeper

CodingParadox":3ezq394a said:
Haha yeah I blew an HG at the bottom of 4th (soon as I engaged in 4th, pop) on a drag run at PIR and coasted to a 12.3. =D

haha... shitt happens! i got to the end of 4 before mine blew.. :shrug:

klue

ok tell me what you guys think, i went to the strip the other day and my best run the 1/4 didnt register so...
here are the specs
r/t 1.002 :(
60' 1.995
330 6.054
1/8 9.281
mph of 1/8 76.7
1000 12.033

I did this run missing 2nd gear, and reacting late cuz i was watching the guy beside me. What do u think my 1.4 was? my other traps were 96+ with shit launch + missing gears( clutch is not disengaging fst enough)

mods: aussie full 3inch no cat, ct26 at ebc 10psi for that run, water injection with a bit of alcohol, jdm st185 motor and computer with cs intercooler, intake to fender, exedy stage 1?! clutch, st185 bigbrakes and 17's, stock timing, 94 octane, i think thats all thats relevant

main issue is that i kept missing second gear

klue

well i dunno bought that cuz the car beside me, mustang, did 13.2 and i was MAYBE 4 lengths behind

CodingParadox

Well, given those mods, that's what you should be at. 10psi is about 1psi more than stock, and you have an exhaust. So, you're at maybe 220-230bhp, assuming everything else is good and working pristinely. That's mid to high 14s. The alltrac stock at 200bhp did mid 15s, and you're really not much over that. Combine that with missing second gear, which is the most important shift, and I'd be surprised if you're in the 14s at all, really.

alltracst185

what do u think my car will do in the 1/4?

greddy td06 20g turbo
vennom 550 injecters
aeromotive fuel pressure regulater
hks or sard fuel rail
walbro 255 fuel pump
hks adj time gears
hks 3" exhaust
3" down pipe
3" midpipe
no cats
tial 38mm external wastegate
hks bov
bay area front mount intercooler
hks mega flow air filter on 3" straight intake
stage 3 race clutch
bridgestone potenzas for tires on 17x7 rims
2" drop
14 psi (using greddy prospec b 2)
race gas
stock internals
and a conservative tune like apexi afc for now

let me know if using the apexi afc is bad
thanks all

CodingParadox

SAFC is a terrible idea, you're going to blow up your engine.

In any event, with those mods, I assume you've dynoed your setup to tune it, right? What numbers did you get?

alltracst185

no i have'nt dynoed it yet or tuned it for that matter so what should i use to tune it bang for the buck? what number should i expext whp?

CodingParadox

Get an EMS. Your setup is 100% wasted until you get an EMS. Not only is it wasted, but if you try to run on that setup without one, you'll likely just blow up your engine. On that setup, if you tune it properly with an EMS, you can maybe be somewhere around 250-270whp, as long as everything's installed properly and carefully tuned.

Denver_whiteST185

uh, sard or hks fuel rail?

the only HKS 3sgte fuel rail is for 3rd gen engines, and will not fit 2nd gens. i was unaware that sard made fuel rails for our cars.

Second Edit: from the sard website
SARD FUEL DELIVERY PIPE FOR TOYOTA MR2 - 3S-GTE 1993-1999 - $280.00 - SR63542
that means its only for 3rd gen 3sgte's too (mr2's in japan came with 3rd gen 3s starting in late 93 as a 94 model)

your fueling should be sufficent since your running or going to be using 550cc, but if thats on a stock ecu, your going to be running pig rich. SAFC should only be used with a AFPR (which you have) and a good wideband. use the FPR to reduce fuel pressure (aka, less fuel) to get a good A/F baseline and use the SAFC to add fuel where needed to keep it from going too lean. its a good idea to get a bored out fuel rail or aftermarket rail (not really necessary at your mod levels) since that will help keep the fuel evenly distributed under high flow.
DO NOT USE THE SAFC TO REMOVE FUEL, YOU WILL PULL TIMING AND WILL MORE THAN LIKELY DAMAGE YOUR ENGINE.

Really, if your going to spend $300+ on the SAFC, and then whatever your going to spend to get it installed (unless your a DIYer) and the cost to get it tuned and dyno time, you may as well spend the money to get a 550cc flashed rom. the cost difference will be minimal if any in the long run, you don't need to splice and tap wires (or make a pnp harness extension if you do it right), you'll be safer, and you can still tune your fuel a bit with your AFPR if you take it to a dyno and find out that your still a little rich or lean. if your ever planning on needing more than 550cc's, save yourself the time, effort, and money, and just get a ems. they can still be inexpensive like megasqirt's (you have to make your own wiring harness and there is no base tune), but if your not capable to wire it and tune it, its a better idea to spend the extra cash and get a PNP like aem or nemesis

Denver_whiteST185

ATS racing will flash it for you. theres a application you'll need to fill out, but it might be easier to first send them your mod list and see what they can do. they can only do mail in tunes for mod profiles that they have on file (cars that they have dyno tested at their shop with similar mods with their flashed ecu). if your willing to drive out there, they will do a custom flash based on your mods and dyno it, but they're in Texas.

there are also some older companies that use to do it, but are no longer make them (gforce, blitz, etc) but every once in a while you'll see one pop up for a little cheaper than ATS.

CodingParadox

Or, for the BS price of a flash from ATS, you can get a lot closer to an actual tunable EMS for futureproofing. Granted you then have to dyno it, but you can actually change things. Also your cam gears are pretty much wasted without tuning.