My First Rally

Corey

Hey all,

yesterday i went to a day long TSD rally school put on by the island rally club. WHAT A BLAST!.

we had permission to use some pretty amazing logging roads in the duncan area for about 5 hours. the class had the chance to learn the math involved before each rally (we did two). I was partnered up with a guy who brought out an '06 4WD Saab (pretty brave i guess lol) the other 11 students brought out anything ranging from a new maxima to landrovers.

The instructors set up checkpoints through each stage and between the 4 of them they did a great job of keeping us from getting lost and getting ahead of us to get to the next CP lol.

The guy i was paired up with (Casey) and I took his car for the first run. I was navigator. We scored only 27 points :D

The second rally, we switched spots and cars and took my GT4. This rally was far more complex and on tougher terrain. it was also raining and foggy by the time we got up the mountain lol. we we're the last car in the pack.

It was time to be let out of the gate and within 300 meters of the second stage, we missed a turn. needless to say we got misserably lost. Ended up following another student who missed the same turn, but then lost them lol. We ended up on a sheer cliff with 1 foot of room on the left side of the car lmao :doh:

OH, and we had a times collonist reporter in the back seat the whole time for both rallies lmao :lol:

We missed our next transit and stage by quite a bit but eventually figured out where we were supposed to go and found one of the sweep cars.

Went from 27 points to about 630 lol. oh well

If i decide to continue on with this ill be buying a second GT4. its just to nerve racking beating on my car like that :( but damn was that fun lol

Just wanted to share

cheers

Corey

SowndWave

TSD rally out here isn't so good.. lack of altitude changes make it less fun than you make yours sound!

But probably with less death to the car :D